Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: can we change the mapping for the buttons of the sampler in the skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I think I have a way to make a better sampler, I have had a look at some skin xml's but I cant find the skin browser panel to modify the mappings, so I'm thinking you cant change the skin for the sampler. the next question is can you make a skin panel for another sampler

GOOD POINTS
is not restricted to 12 banks
will sync every time
can be beatlocked
can have a waveform to see the sample playing
can loop down to the smallest size
can be effected
can change the pitch
could have a button on the skin to chose stutter or play_stop
can be loaded at the touch of a button

BAD POINTS
cant record
takes a little more setup of samples by users
would take 5 mins to set up audio in advanced config

It's using the other 99 decks, I have the mapping, if you are interested I'll post it here because unfortunately... I can't draw for shit

Posted Tue 10 May 11 @ 5:00 pm
REALLY GOOD POINT
Can play video samples... Imagine drumming your samples and seeing a drummer on screen doing it with you, this would be possible.

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 3:02 am
Strange that you should mention this, as I was trying to do exactly the same last night in a new skin I'm working on. I was trying to create "sample decks", giving me 4 decks and 8 sample decks.

I used the songpos element (but would have rather used the rhythm wave element, but it threw up errors, when used on it's own), and the clone_deck action.

Anyway, I couldn't get it to work how I wanted it to, so I've dropped it for the moment.

For me, either one of these two solutions would be ideal:

1) Samplers (1-12) can be added into the skin. They would have a waveform shown (either songpos or rhythm) and would allow you to either load in a sample or record one from an active deck (it would record the loop that was set or a section that was equal to the currently selected loop length of the to be cloned deck) - I know you can already rec in a loop to a sampler.

2) Include a new clone action that would allow you to clone in a loop from one deck to another deck - e.g. deck 1 clone_loop 5 - which would break down into clone the loop from deck 1 to deck 5 - if an active loop was set, it would clone the active loop, otherwise it would clone a section of the song equal to the length of the currently selected loop length of the to be cloned deck

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 4:11 am
how about loop the selected deck, record into the sampler, open the sampled sound on the desired loop deck, don't know if you could do it with just one button, but two should be fine, I'll try to work it out

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 4:23 am
Sorted 2 buttons I cant make it work for one button but it could be a toggle shift

deck default loop 4 & sampler 11 rec
deck 3 load "C:\Documents and Settings\founts.SYNTHET1C\My Documents\VirtualDJ\Sampler\Sample 11.vdj"

The drawback which sucks absolute balls is there is no cbg so even if you load it to a deck and say sync and loop there are no markers, that kind of rules out recording on the fly, If it copied the cbg off the recorded track it would be amazing, guess it belongs in the wishes and new features forum

Posted Wed 11 May 11 @ 5:11 am
found out something else that's really cool and would be a great addition to this...

There is a command called load_deck_set that could change the samples in all the rest of the decks with just a touch of a button and the click of a mouse. You can also load all your samples onto the decks make sure they are arranged in the right order, unload your playing decks and hit a button mapped to save_deck_set and it will save everything into an xml file that you can load later. This would enable different sets of samples.

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 12:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)