Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Crashes when scratching

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Virtual DJ Crashes when scratching with a controller

I have a track loaded in Deck 1 and playing
I load a track to Deck 2
I can visually see the waveform of Deck2
If I scratch for more than 20 seconds, with the inner jog wheel it Exits the program (crashes)
all music stops and I have to relaunch Virtual DJ
All tracks have been analsyed

is there an error log I can send you? what does CRASHGUARD.EXE do? it is in the virtual DJ folder

Posted Wed 27 Aug 03 @ 7:04 pm
Another thing to add...

after a crash, IF I relaunch VirtualDJ right away, the DAC-2 controller does not work unless I reset the power first

Posted Wed 27 Aug 03 @ 7:07 pm
can anyone help me with this?

It is not my computer, as it ia a fresh install of Win2k.

system specs
==========
Virtual DJ 1.05 registered
Dell Inspiron laptop 2650
320mb Ram
60gb hdd
win2k no service packs or patches
machine has never been on internet
no antivirus or other programs running
DAC-2 controller with drivers
direct x 8.1

happens on multiple tracks and very consistent. Just play a track and keep scratching on the other deck then it exits out.

What is crashguard.exe in virtual DJ directory and will this help trouble shoot to send log?

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 3:32 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The first thing i can suggest you is to install the latest Windows Service Pack 4 and upgrate to Directx 9.
Try using smaller files (a 30sec song, for ie) and tell me what happen then (just to test)
Besides, go here

DJ Coco

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 3:49 pm
I WILL try what you said however, I do NOT feel a service pack and/or later version of direct X will affect how the program interacts with the DAC-2 controller. I hope i am wrong!

You see, I am a person who has been using computer based mp3 dj program since 1999. I am a pioneer in my field and very good at troubleshooting, beta testing, and even providing support to others. (Have a look at http://www.axledentaldj.com/PCDJFAQ.html)
I work in Information Technology field for a living for the past 15 years. I believe the issue to be internal to VirtualDJ in how it is reading the DAC-2 -or- it could be an MP3 problem that VirtualDJ does not like.

I am curious: do you know of a way to turn on verbose debug mode in virual dj so that the actual error is recorded to a log file?

Would a detailed dr.watson report help you? I am not even sure if the crash will trigger dr. watson. I will try it tonight.

Is there a way to ensure that all files are suitable for playing in virtualdj? I have "analysed" all files so they are bpm counted and normalized, but does that mean they are all OK to play with Virtual DJ?

How can I ensure that virtual DJ is not choking on something as simple as an MP3 with a bad frame or corrupt header? All of my tracks play fine in PCDJ Red, PCDJ FX and BPM studio.

Is there any error checking done when a track is loaded to ensure that the MP3 is stable?

thank you for your prompt reply, I will let you know what I find.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 8:30 pm
one thing that i have found that when i run the program on my AMD system, it has a tendence to skip and slow up and sometimes stop for a min. then start up and run the song again.

See Ya

Posted Mon 01 Sep 03 @ 8:54 pm
what do you mean? I have an AMD machine and can test it for you if you can explain ?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 03 @ 7:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)