Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: @ Skiners

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hi Skiners :)

In the past the majority of users have been asking on how to change the size of the font used in the browser. I think now that we are able to use multiple browsers is the time to make this happen.

What i mean is that we can now have several browser panels like "browser12" for size 12, browser14" for size 14 ..etc. So, if we can include to our skins such browser panels with THE SAME NAME, then a user can simply assign a keyboard action as ...
skin_panel 'browser12' on, or skin_panel 'browser14' on ..etc

The problem would be though if the skin has already multiple browsers (multiple sizes).

Q:How about resized skins using The Resizer Tool?
In this case when you upload more than one resolution using Jerem's Tool, you will have to manually edit the size of the browsers, so that they match with the name of the panel. I'm not sure if Jerem's Tool is capable to keep the same browser size (i think it is), but it's just an additional info.

For all these suggestions i would like you to participate with your comments and ideas.

Thank you Skiners

Posted Thu 14 Apr 11 @ 7:41 pm
As you said: Multiple Browser panels (sizes/pos) are an issue...

I was thinking to implement something like your suggestion but on the skin itself. I mean that the skinners themselves could include buttons that will toggle between the different sizes of the fonts.

On my next skin (a 1920x1080 version of GHOST O.S.D.) I have already implemented two buttons right next to the "Browser/Effects/Sampler/Record" buttons that will change between normal and LARGE fonts.

I believe that is the best way to implement this...

Posted Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 12:36 am
It would be easier for end users if there was a selection option on the configuration>skins page for small/Med/large font that then loaded the relevant panel.

Keith

Posted Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 2:32 am
Hmmm... Perhaps in the <browser> element we could have:

<textS font="" size="" weight="" color="" over="" selected="" stripes="" unfocused="">
<textN font="" size="" weight="" color="" over="" selected="" stripes="" unfocused="">
<textL font="" size="" weight="" color="" over="" selected="" stripes="" unfocused="">

And then we could have a "native" option in VDJ to change the font size/style

The logic here is similar to textzones...

Posted Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 3:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Guys you missed the point i think.

We are not sure if and when the Dev Team will add such a feature. In the meantime there is something we can do.
Adding buttons to switch to those different browsers would require bmp file process. On the other hand adding a few lines at the end of the xml would be easier.

I will start with GROM this weekend. I was thinking of
browsersize12, browsersize14, browsersize16 etc. named panels

About skins with multiple browsers (different sizes) is something we need to go further and share some ideas.

Posted Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 9:13 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

That's why I want the option to write in the register (program.iniWrite). A button with this action can change the fontsize, or anything that is in the register.
Whe can read what pannel or action is active, so why not read the register (program.iniRead).

But... thisis not for now...Whe have to think..

Whe can create pannels with names as "fs12" (fontsize12) but not make them visible, just that the engine can read fs12. So every browserpannel whe create has to read what pannel is on.

If I didn't made myself clear I'll try to be more detailed..(?)

Best regards,
John

Posted Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 11:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)