Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Flick between skin modes using a midi command

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible to map a button to flick between these modes?

Also, I'm in the middle of mapping my RMX, I was wondering if you would be so kind to help me out a bit.

I have the following questions:

1. Can I map the headphones volume know?

2. Can I map the mic volume knob?

3. I would like to map the fx parameter to a knob but don't know how.

4. I would like to have deck swap buttons, Source button on left of rmx to flick between deck 1 and 3 and source button on the right side to flick between deck 2 and 4.

5. Can I save a mapper and put it on my other laptop so that i dont have to map it again

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 4:28 pm
Ok Charlie, I'm no expert but you can do the things your asking. Ok but I have a few for you,
1. Isn't your headphone volume already mapped on the RMX? I'm pretty sure it, it was on mine.
2. I believe the Mic volume is a hardware thing, meaning it can't be mapped.
3. To map any button or knob in this case, go into config and click the mappers tab. It should say HERCULES RMX above all the commands. Next click on the "+", next turn the knob you want to map your effect slider to. Now if you want to work on which ever deck is active, type in "effect_slider", or if you want it for a certain deck just add "deck 1 effect_slider" or "deck 2 effect_slider".
4. Did that script not work for you from my other thread? It should swap the decks for you.
5. And Yup you just go into to mappers folder and copy it to your jump drive then whatever other machine you want it on just copy it to that mappers folder and you should be good to go.

And I have the script to switch through those panels so ill post that if someone doesn't beat me to it, lol!

Well I tried, now let's wait and see what the pros (DjDad) have to say, lol!!
Huey

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 5:31 pm
Of course you can switch the players via MIDI.
If you hover your mouse over the graphics and you have tooltips enabled you will see the command you need to use.

For instance:
skin_panel "deck1a" on
skin_panel "deck1b" on
skin_panel "deck1c" on

4: Use the following commands
deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck
deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : deck 2 rightdeck

5: When you edit a mapper it gets saved automatically on your "My Documents\VirtualDj\Mappers" folder.
You can copy this file to another PC on the same location and all the mapping will be present on your new PC

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 6:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 11 Apr 11 @ 8:27 pm
Beatbreaker, my volume know is working however I never adjust it as it's too low on the max position even and as a result is alway on the max position. Pointless and a waist of a knob.

Thanks for the knowledge all, but look to my image in the first post it's of the default skin. You see the skin has player, loop and effects panels, can I switch between them with a button?

Here are the answers from a trusted source.

1. The headphone knob it is a hardware volume control that directly controls the headphone output of the RMX sound card.

2. The mic volume is also a hardware volume control that directly affects the mic input volume to the RMX sound card.

3. Map a knob of your choice to: effect slider (Or effect slider number, e.g: effect slider 2 )

Alternatively, you can use two buttons:

repeat 100ms 500ms & effect slider 1 -1
repeat 100ms 500ms & effect slider 1 +1

4. Please see the top of http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript%20Examples.html for instructions on how to do this.

I'm not in front of the rmx at the mo and i wont be until tomorrow night, I had this player for three years now and only just doing this but thats because I'm still not happy with the latest controllers out. I would like to see a dedicated controller set up to work with the default 4 deck skin at least. So you could use all function within vdj from dedicated buttons that were labelled.

This is why I have active speakers nowadays because I have enough to worry about with the computer side lol

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 4:26 pm
Thanks!

Posted Tue 12 Apr 11 @ 10:13 pm
I\'ve been working on the mapping thing and have found that the commands only worked properly on the default skin, the skin I had reacted differently. Doesn\'t matter

My new controller has no scope for mapping so I\'ll leave it, it\'s the Hercules RMX that I\'m on with.

When swapping decks it\'s ok but the 1,2,3,4 lights don\'t light up!

Also could do with help, my mapping is supposed to be like this:

Posted Sun 17 Apr 11 @ 1:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)