Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV quality issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everybody , its me again for my weekly bit of advice!

RIght i now own

2 x turntables
1 x Numark USB mixer
2 x TCV
1 x MAYA44 USB

a selection of phono to phono wires and various bits.

Right, i succeeded in setting up the TCV, and for a while it was working, but with EXTREMELY low sound quality. i was running it all thru the MAYA44 as explained on this site without the numarks soundcards plugged in. . . . when setting the TCV up last night, playing a TCV on the left turntable i was getting a TC signal only on the 'right' turntable on the screen for virtual dj.....that was my first issue.

Secondly, i keep getting a message saying ' not enough channels' and no matter how much i try and work it out the numark seems to have it set so that both channels try and play through the 1 channel ... im getting really confused with it all , i had it basically working but when i went and fiddled to try and improve the sound quality i made it not work at all and now i cannot get it back....

is it because the numark mixer is only 3 channels and on the configuration options on VDJ when you set what the INPUTS and OUTPUTS are doing i can only select options which will mean i am using more channels than what my mixer has on it....

please help me again, i promise everyone...i am getting there :)!!!

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 10:21 am
wow, thats confusing, sry cant help u out on that one.. :(

Posted Sun 31 Jul 05 @ 7:24 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Something is not in the right place. Make your connections according with this diagram:

http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/Dams/?category=2

The only thing is connect your Turntables to the inputs of the maya 44 and dont use Y slipters in these moment (Until you check the sound without them). The ground of the TTs must be connected to the PC and Not to the mixer.

The "Not Enough Channels" message is because VDJ is taking the Numark USB channel and we have to use the maya 44 for that.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 8:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)