Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: refuses to load audio data

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have noticed the last few times I have used VDJ, that after about 4 hours, it begins to get lazy as far as pre-loading audio data and calculating BPM on un-analyzed songs. I have max-load set to 'always' and have even tried changing max-load to see if it makes a difference once the problem is occurring, but it doesn't.

I had thought that this may be a memory issue the first time I saw it, because according to XP Task Manager, the VDJ process was using about 512MB of RAM, but there is still another 512MB free.

When it does occur it is intermittent at first and only happens for longer songs, but after a little while, it happens for all songs, even ones that are less than 3 minutes.

I am guessing that if it is a memory leak, then restarting VDJ would take care of it, but I only experience it during gigs (as I rarely practice for 3 hours or more) and therefore cant just restart VDJ.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 10:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
frd1963

I will agree with you on this one, I have started to experience the same problem and it freaks me out everytime it happens. So, I throw on a CD and reboot. Now, here is the kicker, unlike your 512MB of RAM I am using 2GB, so I don't know where the problem is.

BTW, it happens exactly how you describe it. It's after about 3-4 solid hours of consistent use. Now what I have not tried is going back to a Max Load of something other than always.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 11:45 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
If you are experiencing this problem their is an easy solution.

If had this problem at a live gig, after about 3-4 hours of mixing.

So open another session of VDJ and then mix manually between the two sessions and then close the first session and you will be gone for another 4 hours!

This is the best way if you don't have any cd or another hardware to play music.
And if you don't have problems in manually matching two songs then this is the solution!

Posted Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 12:50 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes but it's the last solution.
If it is really a bug we all have to work to find it and tell the dev team.

Posted Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 7:22 am
Well, I´m not doing any live gigs with VDJ, but I´m using VDJ for selecting songs a lot. Meaning, I throw a lot of songs on the decks in a very short time. I´ve experienced the same behaviour. Question is: Can we help out in any way? Can we grab any useful information once our VDJ instance is in this state?

Posted Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 10:17 am
i think dev team should make 2 builds (1 for testing) and people that want to help can make gigs with the debug version ... once there is a problem they press some key combination and it will dump a large log in some file that we can send to the dev team.

If there's an option count me in :-)

Posted Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 2:20 pm
I'd be happy to run the debug version too.

Also, thanks for the suggestion of starting another PCDJ session... I didn't think of that. Never tried multiple sessions, but that would help with this and possibly some other minor problems I have seen.

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 4:12 pm
VDJ! Not PCDJ. That is another mixing program! I hope you meant VDJ... :)

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 6:30 pm
Of course I meant VDJ... It's just that whenever I am talking about bugs, my mind flashes back to my old PCDJ days ;)

Posted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 7:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)