Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Do I want a DAC-2 (or 3) - Or should I stick with the Hercules ? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
i've got my eye on a nice switcher. The new project has started, check the blog.

Posted Thu 28 Jul 05 @ 8:32 am
Cyder - Wow, your new case is exactly the same as mine (ebay jobbie?!?)

I got this case for it :

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Gator-GRC-10X6~ID~1734.asp

That rackmount case fits with just enough room at the back for cables etc. The back panel is removable for ventilation.

This leaves you 2u for something else (i have the keyboard on a drawer).

I'm gonna mount the controller and the touchscreen monitor on the top. I have a separate box for my mixer and denon cd player.

Photos to follow :)

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 2:46 pm
That case is made in plastic, right? The good thing is that it is easy. I don't know any bad things about it (I've had a case similar to this one). Looks really nice for your setup.

Posted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 5:25 pm
1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Guys,
I have order and received a 2-rackspace pc with dual video, 1 for VDJ and the other for Light Jockey. I have a panasonic touchbook cf73 with touchscreen, daytime viewable screen as my back up. I'll send pics when I get my crap together. I have a friend who is all VDJ and no cd back up, ouch!! What if??? I will be using the DAC2 controller. I did power things up and VDJ did not recognize the DAC2. Any suggestions would be cool.

Thanks,

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 8:27 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nick, are you from Torquay, England?.., just in case ;).

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 8:30 pm
Erm.. England yes... but a bit further east than there ....

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 10:46 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ok, thought I knew you ;).

Posted Tue 27 Sep 05 @ 10:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)