Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJ Control MP3 E2 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VirtualDJ LE is more than adequate enough for home use and/or parties with friends, etc. It's also good enough for basic DJ gigs if you don't need to customise anything or play full-screen video/karaoke.

As already stated above, Numark MixTrack does not come with VirtualDJ LE in the UK. However, the Numark DJ2GO does: http://www.numark.com/dj2go

Hercules MP3e2 is probably the best choice for you.

The software will come on CD with the controller. However, you can register VirtualDJ LE on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then download the most recent version from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html so you do not need an external CD-ROM drive.

A selection of other hardware can be seen on the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 12:33 pm
thanks ill go for the hercules does it have everytihng home edition has but on a controller and better also the numark pro comes with virtual dj LE however not the non pro

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 1:30 pm
it will go on my netbook probaly also willl i be able to play it my mixes through my laptop when im on my own mixing

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 1:36 pm
the numark mix track pro has virtual dj but the non pro version doesnt should i go for the numark pro or hercules still

Posted Fri 22 Jul 11 @ 3:03 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
out of the mp3e2 and the MT pro, go for the MT pro. i own both units and both are really great, the mixtrack is larger, has touch sensitive jogs for scratching and has built in soundcard and lots more buttons you can map.

the mp3e2 is an awesome little controller that i still use regularly. both units are perfectly fine for party or club use, it just depends how portable you want to be.

i owuld deffo say MT pro over the MP3e2 though.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 4:02 am
thankyou does that come with virtual dj LE the mixtrack pro i mean also what cheapish laptop do you reccommend

Posted Sat 23 Jul 11 @ 6:35 am
the mixtrack pro comes bundled wth both vdj and traktor, just be sure where ever you order it from is supplying it bundled with vdj or youll get stuck with Trakturd like i did.

a cheapish laptop i would say you need minimum 2gb ram if w7, 3gb ram if vista, 2gb ram if xp. the faster the processor the better but a 1.9 single core will run the software fairly well, but you would be better finding a dual core with the best seed you can.

there is some pretty cheap deals in Tesco if your in the uk. and also currys and comet do some pretty nifty deals too. if you are happy to go with a used laptop, then get yourself on ebay and be patient. work out your budget and use a sniper to try for the ones you want.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 2:53 pm
ok thanks play.com do itt and also i have a netbook 1gb do you think this will be ok until i can afford a new laptop

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 3:19 pm
which netbook is it mate and ill be able to give you a better idea. i personally use a HP 210 mini with my herc mp3e2 for an ultra mobile setup for house prties and such like.

mine however, has 2gb ddr3 ram, a 4gb ready bost and w7 premium. i only wish the motherboard would support overclocking or it would be overclocked to 2.3ghz on my atom 1.66ghz cpu.

i do have an msi wind u135 too that supports overclocking, but its factory sealed and there isnt a local upgrade centre that can do the work to upgrade the ram to 2gb. so its pretty pontless me overclocking the cpu.

most netbooks can run vdj and a controler so it shouldnt be a problem.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 4:19 pm
I have an asus eeepc 1005pe 1.66ghz overclocked to 2.10ghz with 2gb of ddr3 ram on win 7 starter, It runs like a dream with a controller, I always have 2 effects running constantly for eq's, then when I was testing it I got 8 more effects running on both decks

I used : filter, looproll, flippindouble, beatgrid, noisebell, magicloop, flanger, phaser.

and I was running loops at the same time just for some extra pressure, It handled it like a champ at about 60% cpu, but that was with tracks already loaded, loading tracks does get to around 80% and you cant load two tracks together.

I also use it with timecode vinyl and the midi controller, it is about the same but you cant scratch or even wind the track back without audio glitches until a track is fully loaded...

after using the eeepc Im thinking of getting a dual core 1.66ghz with a 1366 x 768 screen, so I have twice the power which should be more than enough for vdj with timecodes.. or a dell mini 10 so I can make it a hackintosh if i can get it for under $150

@blu does the ready boost thing actually work well? and can you use sd cards for it instead? all my usb's are occupied.

@hammers you should just get more ram its about $40 for the expensive ones

Posted Sun 24 Jul 11 @ 4:44 pm
@synth, yes mate, the ready boost works relly well. initially you dont really notice the difference, but the longer you leave it running the better i is.

sd cards are better to use than usb anyway for ready boost. how often do you use your sd slot??? my card just stays in there and does its thing. you can use any card you want. im only using 2 gb at the moment as its all i had lying around, but i want a 64gb so i can use 14gb for my ready boost and have an extra 50gb hdd space.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 1:23 pm
i got advent 4490 atom will it work if i buy mixtrack pro numark thanks

Posted Tue 02 Aug 11 @ 5:09 pm
I just got my Hercules MP3 e2 and I realized it does not have an rca output for a external sound card. I recently bought a Native instruments audio 8 dj. I want to know how to the make mixer work through the sound card cause right now it only works through my computer speakers. Thanks.

Posted Wed 10 Aug 11 @ 12:07 am
i have the hercules 4set but i try to install the virtual dj and it wont work, however i have the virtaul dj le that came with the numark mixtrack pro i was wondering if i ca use the hercules with the software of the mixrack?

Posted Sun 21 Aug 11 @ 9:52 pm
The 4Set will not work with VirtualDJ LE for Numark MixTrack.

VirtualDJ LE will only work with the controller it came with. Make sure that you install the correct LE for the controller that you wish to use, otherwise it will not work: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Also, make sure that you have the latest drivers and firmware for the 4Set installed: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common_Device_Drivers.html

NOTE: You won't be able to hot swap between MixTrack and 4Set - This requires re-installing the correct LE. To use both controllers without having to re-install LE and much, much more, you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional at a discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 22 Aug 11 @ 6:04 am
Mfara331 wrote :
I just got my Hercules MP3 e2 and I realized it does not have an rca output for a external sound card. I recently bought a Native instruments audio 8 dj. I want to know how to the make mixer work through the sound card cause right now it only works through my computer speakers. Thanks.

hi, go into config and setup your sound settings to route the outputs to your audio 8.

Posted Mon 22 Aug 11 @ 3:34 pm
Hello i wanna buy a controller but im still seek for it so im still thinking on get one of these mixers HERCULES DJ CONTROL AIR STREET EDITION , HERCULES DJ RMX or THE NUMARK MIXTRACK PRO 2 can you suggest me one? I'd like to know what do i need in order to set it up and finally i have anothe doubt in those hercules controllers could i record my set through their software??

In your persomal opinion . Would you prefer a controller with 2 or 4 decks(chanels) on the desk?

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 4:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)