Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skins

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Trying to get some skins loaded up (in particular the Pioneer CDJ1000 Pro by DJ Klub@ys skin)

Why won't it load up? It's not showing in the config/skins area???

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 9:54 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Make sure you place the downloaded file(s) in the directory:
\\Program Files\\Virtual DJ\\skins

If they are there, then VDJ should see them, unless maybe you installed VDJ to a different directory.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 9:56 pm
Not the problem since certain skins read ok, and others do not. I even went as far as installing it on my desktop as a test...and get the same ones not working? :(

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 10:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Make sure when they are downloaded that they have the .zip extension. Depending on the browser you are using the extension may disappear during the download.

cstoll

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 1:14 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I know that in v3.0, there is a new requirement that the skin contain a VDJ logo fitting certain criteria. I am guessing that this means that if an older skin doesn't meet this criteria, then, although it may have worked at one tme, it will not work with v3.0.
Perhaps this is your problem?

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 5:46 pm
Not sure what the heck happened, but I uninstalled and did a clean install....no problems now :) Thanks guys! I'm really glad I decided to buy this software as is my crowd!

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 8:25 pm
Well, just when I thought I had it all fixed...last night, went to fire up my software, and boom. "Invalid Skin File in *i xml" (or something to that affect). WTF!? I need this up and running in a few short hours since I had to run off Windows Media Player last night! Ewwww ....

Tried removing the folder as was said in another thread...but that didn't work either

Posted Sat 23 Jul 05 @ 8:19 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What skin are you trying to use?

Posted Sat 23 Jul 05 @ 9:04 pm
I believe it is one of the Pioneer 700 style skins. Nevertheless, is there a way to find out what skin VDJ is looking for? I used a hex editor to open the exe and also checked the xml files, but don't see it anywhere. This could most likely resolve the issue in the future. I have been given the ability to redownload the software this time *which hopefully will resolve my problems*

Posted Sat 23 Jul 05 @ 9:42 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Stupid thought, but is it the right resolution?

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 1:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)