Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark Idj3 problem with audio out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dbeatesHome userMember since 2011
Hi. I buy the console Numark Idj3 today, and when you arrive home i installed it, and connect it to the notebook. I connect it to the wall and the usb cable to the computer, but i didnt connect cable speakers because i do not have speakers here. When i want to hear the music, i dont hear anything. As it seems to me, it is because there is a speaker connected to the Idj3. I wanted to know if you somehow was possible that the sound instead of going out in a speaker, left by the notebook. Thank you very much.

Posted Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 6:07 pm
You will need to plug a pair of powered stereo speakers into the master outputs on the back of the console.

Alternatively, connect a suitable cable (2x RCA to 3.5" headphone jack) from the master output of the console to the line input of your computer. The sound will then come out through the computer's speakers (If not, go to your sound card's mixer/control panel and ensure that the line input is not muted and the volume is set to an appropriate level.)

NOTE: VirtualDJ LE is free limited software and does not support outputting sound directly through your computer's own built-in sound card. It works with the sound card in the console only.

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 7:15 am
Is it ok to plug your Numark Idj3 into the wall or an extension cord, My Friend Said he did it and it fried his Turntables

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 12:23 pm
You can do either if it has an AC mains power adaptor. A surge protected extension cord would be recommended which will also help protect your equipment from power surges.

If it's USB powered only then you must only plug it into one of the USB sockets of your computer.

Posted Sat 27 Dec 14 @ 6:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)