Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VDJ 7 4 Deck Effect Problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjButlaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hoorah! My first post and legit gripe! Hopefully I can get enough voices behind me to fix this, or at least get noticed!

So, tinkering around with some new istrumentals that came in, Figuring out how to use em in transition for announcements and such.
Loaded one to deck 3 to start messing with it and Lo and behold...

As you can see from the image, decks 3 and 4 have no place to actually edit the beatgrid scaling( i wonder if it's the right word). It occured to me that a lot of the Legacy Plugins and most of the newer ones have no actual deck 3-4 edit parameters or actuators(I promise I'll stop making up words soon).

Anyone know of a fix for this? As soon as I get a better internet connection, I'll be downloading every tutorial on how to change effects and build em, learn and share with the community, but I call em as I see em, You know??

VIVA LA REZOLUTION!

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 10:56 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
During the beta testing of VDJ7 the same suggestion coming from me but no results, many user will use FX also for the MIC.

Waiting for the future... :)

Posted Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 6:04 am

Posted Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 6:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats not what they were saying at all. That thread was discussing having activation/status buttons/indicators for more than 2 decks. Having 99 activate buttons there would simply be bad GUI design and completely impractical in the available space. Use 4 you say? Because you use 4? What about people who use more? You were suggesting it should be tied to how many decks are active in the skin. Great, but what about someone using a 20 deck skin (4 decks, 16 sampler cells). Would it be practical to have 20 activation buttons there? Generally skins would already have FX activation controls for each deck, so it's just control duplication - lets make it simple and keep it all in one place.

We've already had that discussion though and at the end of the day it's not up to us ;)

The OPs query is actually slightly different and relates to tweaking the plugin on a deck-by-deck basis. At present you can edit the plugins parameters on deck 1 and deck 2 (although only one of these is actually saved, as audio plugins generally don't care which deck they are on).

Some plugins you could make a copy of the DLL and preconfigure the same plugin with different names and different presets (brake.dll, brake2.dll etc). This won't work where the author has hardcoded the INI filename. This sometimes occurs with custom GUIs - BeatGrid for example.

Posted Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 7:24 pm
Ok ok, lol!

Huey

Posted Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 8:26 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Well, I have A solution if I may, instead of making multiple buttons as described by SBDJ, make the same two butons assignable like in the "Effects" or Sampler buttons next to the main decks in the default skin....

Just click on the down arrow and chose the deck you want to use, making the available decks default to the skin your using, that way if you're using a six deck skin, you'll have three on the left and three decks on the right button to chose from...

Joey...

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 7:41 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)