Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: headphone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, I just have the DJ Console for a week now and i have updated everything (VDJ 1.09)

I was just wondering what I have did wrong, because i can't pre-listen the track anymore.

Like you put somethin on Deck A, and you want to listen the nxt track on Deck B. How do i do that? When i am checking the config i can't choose a way to fix it. It only sets the Soundcard from the console as the 1st one, and he 'forgets' the soundcard from the pc. I have little pcboxes, and that is for the 'audience', i got a headphone and that is what i wanna use for the pre-listening. How can i change it?? When i am checkin the config i can't change the soundcard options etc. I can't do anything in my config :S

I now put a cable out of the HDC to my headphones (on the bottom right) that little output there is where i plug my headphone and everything i hear there. Included the pre-listening (it aint prelistening than anymore lol) Someone can help me with this?

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 3:39 pm
what says your virtual dj "about" dialog - be sure it's version 1.09

if you have the new firmware for hercules burned in and latest drivers, use the "green alien head" icon
and set the "advanced/dj mode" not normal

there is also an option what you want to hear in the front "headphone connector" if "main" channel or the prelisten

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 4:32 pm
Uhm yes i have that green alienhead, i have set it to advanced mode, but i still don't get it :S I have now my (wireless) headphone connected to the plugin on the HDC and i want that the 'normal' music comes out of my pc boxes (its a desktop) my pc has 3 plugins (1 microphone, 1 for boxes, and 1 black i dunno) that green one that i use for the boxes won't work? All the music comes out of the soundcard from the HDC....nothing comes out of the boxes...

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 5:27 pm
ok i have changed the stuff, but now when i have (example) deck A as a headphone i can listen it, but when i want to put it on my normal soundcard (from my pcboxes) he wont accept it....like he dont recognise it...

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 5:45 pm
you cannot use other souncards than Hercules console with the Hercules version of Virtual dj.

This option is only provided for the Professional version (3.0) that is available on this site and has some more features (viedomixing ...) and full suport of hercules console.

Anyway you have to plug your speakers to the hercules and the headphones too for the version you are using.

Maybe not a quite quality solution is if you will connect the output of hercules to the input of your computer built in soundcard. DOn't forger to set things up correctly in the windows mixer and enable the "line in" input (check it to not be MUTED) for your PC's soundcard

Hope this helps.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 7:15 pm
Fixed, i have put my cable from the boxes in my input at the behind of the HDC (called front 1-2) when i had plugged it there everything was good ;) thx!

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 1:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)