Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecoded Vinyl in Laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi. I´m interested in buy the timecoded vinyl, but i don´t know if with my laptop it will work fine.
It´s a 1.6 GHZ Centrino with 512 DDR, and a Normal SoundCard with (Line In, Phones outPut..) . Is it enough to timecoded vinyl work 100%, without latency? Or it must be a professional soundCard, like Creative audigy 2,Terratec or other.. to work fine?

If you know that answer me please

Thanks

Posted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 9:58 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you would search the forums you would find your answer.... but to save time.

You need a stereo input for each Turntable. So if your Line In on the laptop is a true Line-In and not a microphone channel then Yes, you should be fine for one turntable. However, if you want to use two TTs then I recommend you use the MAYA 44 USB. This external card is tried and true to function when correctly configured. Which is not difficult to do. Anyhow, even with one TT I would strongly suggest getting the MAYA anyway.

cstoll

Posted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 10:44 pm
Hi.

I forget to tell that i only want 1 Turntable. So you think it´s work fine, without latency, with the soundCard of my laptop? Yes, it has a true Line-IN because i already used it to record my mixes from a mixer table(Stanton).

So i think i will buy a turntable and the timecoded vinyl. I hope it works like real vinyl...

Thanks

Posted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 5:33 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
First of all you will need a full version of VDJ ;)

Dj Nikki

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 3:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)