Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: EXTRA HELP WITH SETTING UP FOR TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hiya all,

well i got my TCV in the post this morning - so excited!

but the only problem i thought i might have has happened.

I am using a numark dxm01 usb mixer which has two internal soundcards built it.

It doesnt seem that VDJ can handle this, as when i follow instructions and goto

'setup'

'soundcard'

in the options menu then, click on the low latency TCV option right at the very bottom, the soundcard select drop down menu displays NO soundcards whatso ever. not even the crappy onboard laptop one.

does anyone have any ideas as to why this is or how i can fix it or am i doomed to having to fork out another 100 quid on a MAYA so ASIO soundcard?

thankyou all in advance

Posted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 6:28 pm

Posted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 6:44 pm
you will have problems using the numark DXM-01

If you have two tcv's you can use NUMARK only as input for vinyls and
some other soundcard for outputing the vdj sound.

This is because numark does not allow you to record something other that is playing in the first/second channel. If you switch the fisrt mixer channel to the PHONO you can record phono. But you will hear tcv in the speakers. If you switch to the USB instead of phono, you will record the sound of PC instead of the TCV signal.

I plan to ask whether ther is not a firmware update for numark that could solve this.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 5:28 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Good idea, lopez asking the numark support if there is an upgrade for that, it would be quite good.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 5:56 pm
Yes, saving space and less cords all over.. :)

Posted Sun 17 Jul 05 @ 5:58 pm

i have had abit of a play and as said above i am having troubles getting them to work, i get several error messages when trying to configure including NOT ENOUGH CHANNELS and something else which i cannot remember at the minute.

Im going to get another RCA MiniJack and try and run it without the soundcards but i not to sure if thatll get me anywhere either!

so do we think NuMark can offer some update on this which might be able to help out with this problem? im getting pretty desperate to have a go with the TCV's everytime i sort something out something doesnt work and it breaks my heart! hahaahahaaha

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 9:50 am
I had the same problem with Soundblaster Audigy 2 NX USB. The reason is that VDJ don't reckon enough in/out connections for your TCV's.
Maya 44 USB is recommended and works fine with TCV's.
It would be great to be able to use _only_ the Numark USB mixer but it seems there is nosolution _today_, but maybe in the future. I don't know... it is up to Numark, but it sure would be great.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 12:12 pm
I recived a reply regarding connecting TCV/TCCD to a numark DXM-01USB:

"Unfortunately there is no way to do what you are trying to do with this mixer. I will pass your suggestion along to our engineers."

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 3:14 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hope the suggestion will really be passed along to the engineers.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 05 @ 5:34 pm
im really happy am gonna get my tcv maybe in 3 more weeks

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 6:17 am
cheers for hunting for the info all....well can only hope that numark do do that....

Right so just to clear thigns up for my poor aching head

AS THINGS STAND. . . I will need to get a MAYA44 USB Sound card, and connect my numark mixer with TCV's too the MAYA44 and then on to my laptop, completely ignoring the soundcards onboard the numark...

i assume the investment in some RCA leads and the MAYA44 will sort it out so i can FINALLY use the TCV?

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 10:27 am
that's in the case you want to use the TC bypass function

for best performance I would prefer using maya for recording TCV signals

and use numark card for sound output of vdj

when there's a need to play regular vinyls i would use a splitter and connect the phonos
to both Maya and to the NUMARK phono input

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 10:51 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@The_DJOutlaw - take a look here: http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13647

Your only difference will be that from your laptop/desktop to the mixer is the USB cables and not the AUDIO cables from the MAYA's outputs.

And, as Lopez453 said in his last statement, if you use the Y-splitter then it make swapping between the TCVs and Real Vinyl very easy.

cstoll

Posted Wed 20 Jul 05 @ 5:16 pm
THank everybody for the help , will placing an order for the MAYA44 either way when i get paid, sounds like a worthy peice of equipment anyhow!

Im sure ill be back on eventually searching for someone with the knowledge to help me out.!

Take It Eazy

Posted Thu 21 Jul 05 @ 10:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)