Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Editor Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gide0nHome userMember since 2011
Question one, is there a way to make the deck spinner rotate counter clockwise?

My second question is, although I have successfully made objects and correctly utilized the clip mask and mask functions I still don't understand the difference between the function of a clip mask and a mask. Could somebody clarify, because even though I know how to manipulate clip mask and mask properties I would like a better understanding of how they effect the image. No need for a full tutorial just a quick answer will do.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 11:15 am
clipmask is for visual purposes, and mask is for mouse, and visual purposes, yet in knobs and spinners, the clipmask is the track the object will run around, the mask is the shape of the object, and the pos is the object itself. Also mousemask is where the mouse will function its action. But if you want the spinner to rotate counterclockwise, you might have to manually put in the graphics for each angle, in a counterclockwise sense, because the engine does not support that. for the manual, instead of type="rotation' you are going to have to use type="custom"
and also <down x="" y="" nb="" nbx=""/> whereas nb is the number of pictures you are going to use as your rotation, and nbx is how much are in a row and x and y indicate your pictures.

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 11:56 am
gide0nHome userMember since 2011
Thank you for your response, the information you offered has proved very useful.

Posted Sun 16 Jan 11 @ 10:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)