Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: karaoke issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Thought it be best to throw this up in here:

Happy new year all !

enjoyed a great gig new yrs, unfortunately it was tarnished at the beginning (during the karaoke set) because I ran into a big problem :-

When I loaded a karaoke track on a deck all was good, up came the video screen with lyrical content, all good. Performance 1 (myself) to break the ice went ok, then I loaded my tune on the other deck to fill in the wait for the next singer but..and a big but, when I loaded the second karaoke song onto the opposite deck that the tune was playing on: the karaoke song loaded, but there was no lyric content in the video screen :( just a blank screen !! I had to call the next singer up, then close down vdj, reload the karaoke song in order to display the lyric content in the video screen..goes without saying I struggled with this, as I ended up having to close down the software with each new karaoke performance.
Not Good.

I also ran into another problem with the karaoke songs..if I load a song on say deck 1, then load a tune gap filler on deck 2, after the tune on deck 2 has finished playing when I go to load another karoke song onto whatever deck, the lyric content of the previous karaoke song comes up on the video screen and spins round all over the fresh karaoke song currently playing :( leaving me with the embarising chore of closing down and re-opening of vdj to start the fresh karaoke song from scratch ?

Also, I've tried using the karaoke plug-in that's meant to 'organize' the whole karaoke event, but an error pops up and suggests I try re-installing the latest version of vdj, which I already have..?

Help greatly appreciated gang, because I really wanna get into the karaoke side of things and don't want these bad experiences putting me off in future ;)

Posted Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 11:13 am
HI,
I'm just playing with the trial version, but I found the same problem. If you look in the top center of the display where the video moneter scratch and effects station is, at the bottom right and bottom left of that section are the numbers of your decks. Each number is color coded to match the deck. Clicking on the appropriate number will put the lyrics for the appropriate deck on the appropriate screne. I hope that helps.
I'm still looking for a tool to manage playlists. In other software, there are tools that store singer names and their song prfrenses AND what key changes they like. I hope there is something similar with this.
Kathy

Posted Sun 02 Jan 11 @ 8:05 pm
Hi - I'm not an expert on the karaoke thing but I have some suggestions:

FIRSTLY: With regard to the screen problems try running a skin that shows the screen for each deck and the master output as well - just for test purposes - I found the video cross fade is often set to automatic so will follow the music mix of the decks and do vision mix of 2 decks which may be the source of your problem. If you click on the little padlock sign to turn of the automatic lock you can move the video slider accross to the karaoke deck and it will stay there. Job done. Then go back to your chosen skin.

You sound like you do karaoke the same as me with tunes and music between singers - these settings work fine for me.

SECONDLY: With regard to the karaoke songlist/singers list pligin not working I had similar problems - I found the correction on this forum but can't remember where. The fault is not in PCDJ but is in either adobe live, java, divx or a similar piece of supporting software (god only knows why they wrote it use this way). Just need to update which ever one it is and mine worked like a dream - sorry I can't remember but at least you know what to start looking for on here to get the fix.

If you find it maybe you can add a post to remind me - incase I need it when I do a re-install.

Posted Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 4:34 pm
Thanks for your input peeps, I've managed to improvise for the minute by clicking on the video tab then click what deck to bring up the lyrics. bit of a pain i know but beats closing vdj and waiting for 30 secs or so to reboot !

Someone else on here also suggested using the automix browser window to load tracks and karaoke up, which makes sense, but to be honest I just wish it would all run smoothly without these issues.

I'm not really fussed about using the singer list plug-in, but if it means my sessions will run without problems then its well worth the time getting it running! I'll keep you posted if I find that fix ;)

update..found the link !!

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/95136/Virtual_DJ_Plugins/Plugin_not_working__Controls_not_showing__DX_File_Missing_______Read_this_before_posting_____.html

see what you mean dude about the track playing straight away from the rotation list, guess it serves its purpose though so no worries ;)

Posted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 11:00 am
wonder if any one can help. I have this programme for over a year now and no problems till now
when I load a song in deck one and its playing and I go to load the second song in deck two as soon as it gets into two the sound is dropped from the deck its plying from...... crossfade is working as in when I load two songs and one finishes it will automatically change over.... problem is when I'm playing one and I go to load another....
any suggestions to how to solve this I would appreciate... thanks

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 8:20 am
I would set a playlist in automix for your background music, then add your song to the karaoke list and activate it.

make sure you have set your config options karoakebackgroundmusic = automixand karaokebackgroundvolume = (.35 in my case), I also have karaokeskipsilence = yes

Posted Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 5:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)