Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: simple effect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can someone create a plugin to make the right deck stay on the right speaker and the left deck stay at the left speaker its basically splitting the two channels up separately

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 3:03 pm
No need to make a plugin - It is already possible in VirtualDJ's sound configuration.

Choose the following options:

Inputs: None
Outputs: External Mixer
Sound card(s): MONO Separated -> Choose appropriate sound card in the drop-down list.

Click APPLY.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 5:25 pm
I was talking about changing it back and forth as a effect like i wanted to split the mix into two separate speakers but cut the left deck off bring in the other song on beat then bring'em back together cool little effect uh so the people who is on one side listen to a total different song but staying on beat with the people thats on the other side then just bring it all together deactivating the effect plugins which are separated for right and one for left thats it it should be two plugins but does the same effect but the command is left deck go to left channel the other plugin right deck go to right channel

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 6:50 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
A balance control you mean? One for each input channel on the mixer...

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 9:20 am
Yes exactly

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 1:08 pm
I think there's a plug in that will make a deck either just on the left speaker or just on the right speaker, so perhaps you could make a keyboard shortcut that activated it on both decks and sent the right bits to the right speakers.

I'm not on my vdj computer now so I can't tell if this is the right one or not.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/1125/Balance_Stereo_Mono.html

Posted Sat 08 Jan 11 @ 3:38 am
That effect does it but you need to make two copies of the effect and save the setting and have a shortcut for right and left deck if the creator of that effect can make a 2.0 effect which auto split the two channels with the one effect just active on one deck it would be ten times easier

[Mod Edit] Please dont use bold when posting. It's like shouting ! Thank you ! (btw. i edited your posts)

Posted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 6:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)