Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HEADPHONES NOT WORKING ON HDJ CONSOLE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My headphones are not working properly on my console. They only allow me to hear the track that is playing but won't allow me to listen to the one that I want to play next. Why is this happening? How can I fix the problem?

Posted Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 10:32 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
may sound stupid but are you changing the active deck? press the little headphone button on console to listen to that deck, or press the deck number (1 or 2) on ur skin. the green highlighted button indicates the active deck, like the green waveform in CGBs is the active decks waveform.

Hope that helps

Posted Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 11:59 pm
I tried that already with no luck. The last time that I used my console was in December of last year with no problems at all. Because of job related traveling reasons I didn't use it until now. I was wondering if maybe there's updates that I need to download to make the headphones work again. This is what I do: I open VDJ, I then set the sound card settings to HDJ CONSOLE. I then open the GREEN ALIEN and move the button to DJ. It should work, right? But it's not. Above the ENABLE DJ MOUSE BOX there's two headphones, if I click on the one in the left I hear the track playing now but not the one that I want to play next unless I move the cross fader to that track. If I click on the headphones to the right I don't hear anything at all. Should I be doing something else? Please, help. The HERCULES DJ CONSOLE VERSION IS 1.2.4.0, the FIRMWARE VERSION is 35 and the PACKAGE VERSION is 5.HDJ.2004, the BULK STATUS is 2. Thanks.

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 9:24 pm
In the green alien icon, there are the sliders for the channels, where you previously switched the headphone setting. Right at the top on the left hand side, there is a switch, saying normal or dj mode (i think in older consoles, it was called standard, dj and a third option, although im not too sure). U need the DJ option. Also, try updating ur drivers from http://hercules.com/ if your alien doesnt show these...

I have DJ setting selected, with the 3 sliders at max, with the middle slider (monitor 3-4) as the headphone setting

These settings work for me.

Also, if your headphones have a volume control on the wire check its turned up. I have done that before!!!! lol

Hope that helps

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 11:05 pm
OK. I downloaded the new drivers from HERCULES. The PACKAGE VERSION now shows: 1.HDJ.2005 On the green alien I switched from NORMAL to DJ. Headphones still not working properly. They work only when I click on the left little headphone on the GREEN ALIEN. On my console, when I click on the left or right headphones buttons I only hear the track playing but not the one I want to play next. The headphone's volume was checked, still not working. I feel like throwing this thin in the garbage. Anything else I should do?

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 11:40 pm
Ho Hum... How odd :os erm, all i can suggest then is that u contact hercules/Guillemot for "advanced support"

to do this you will need to log into the hercules website http://hercules.com/ and select log in. its free to register btw. Might be worth a try. Do you use any other controllers/or an external mixer?

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 11:51 pm
I FIXED IT. Please, don't ask. It's always something stupid on my part. I FORGOT TO CHOOSE THE CONSOLE AS MY SOUND CARD on VDJ. I feel like a jerk. Thanks for all your help.

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 11:52 pm
lol. i hate it when that kinda thing happens! I'm always doin it lol, anyhoo glad its sorted for you now :o) Happy mixing!

Nebula

Posted Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 11:54 pm
nebula,
i am having the same problem, the herc works with the bundled VDJ but not with the pro version i already tried everything mentioned here...

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 1:57 am
so you tried:

-latest driver and firware from hercules site

-latest version of vdj (from 2.6 it worked for me ok for sure, previos version probably yes)

-set dj console in alienhead applicatoin to dj mode

-assign HEADPOHONES to the SECOND output in the alienhead application.

-Set up vdj to use hercules or advanced mode. in advanced mode you should see HErcules and 6 channel for it.

anything I forgot ? btw try the oputputs on rear of console ...

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 12:50 pm
Hey Lopez, I tried all these steps (with VDJ 3.0) to no avail. Have any other ideas?

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 9:16 am
oh sorry so my response in other thread is the same,

What about the rear jacks ? Suggested there ? Only 1st one is alive other deaf ?

are you able to use Remote assistance in your windows ? Maybe we can lok kat it remotly and you can watch what's being done.
If you have your gig pc online.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 1:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)