Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: plug-in wish for scrolltext and text2d

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

okay here's the deal: my boss loves using scrolltext and text2d at the sportsbar/pub that he started up next door to us and we were talking about it and he wanted to know if there were other effects that could be added to it/them as extra attention getters.

the ones he specifically mentioned were making the text wave, and or having a multi-line line capability.

is possible? or over-complicated?

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 3:54 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Those effects are possible and a lot lot more...

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 4:50 am
drool...

but how? i am completly inept at writing code and scripting. i r fail.

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 5:06 am
The mulit line has my intrest peaked now..........I've often wondered about that aswell.

Huey

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 5:18 am
wallterHome userMember since 2010
Eeh, let's say... Flash? ;-) Did that a few months ago with Firetext demo. Lost my interest lately, but those guys could help you.

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 4:01 pm

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 5:28 pm
firetext is nifty , but bosses are cheap and the basic firetext package starts at $250. and firetext isn't necessarily for everyone (sorry tayla!) and i know alot of us are using scrolltext and text2d so we have more control over what's going on our screens.

fer example: our other dj's daughter had a quincenera (like a sweet 16 only mexican style) with about 2-300 people attending, where the dj had text to screen software running and some of the messages that flew up on the screen made some of the older folks there extremely angry. and that was with a language filter running..

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 6:27 pm
No, my example uses already prepared text and photos, saved in xml file. Firetext is here just to let you insert flash swf file connected and displaying that text in VDJ screen. You don't have to stick any mobile phone to laptop just to explore everything it's offering. But Tayla and Ale-ale-jandro could tell you more about it... ;-) I've never personally tried SBDJ Scrolling text so I couldn't compare them...

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 2:30 am
You can run multiple instances of scroltext, setting them in diff places on the screen will give you multiline.

I use a massive one the scrolls massive txt across the screen, that shows COMMENT, so if a track is three on the charts, it scrolls that kind of info. Then I have a second smaller scroll on the bottom of the screen with advertising, promos ect.

They both run together, along with showcover.

Posted Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 3:33 am
so how do you activate the same plug-in twice when it comes to scrolltext? or do you just run scrolltext and text2d at same time?

still would love to have effects available besides the regular ones for them - wavering text, exploding text, morphing text, stuff like that.

and here's a scary thought - a collaboration project combining the two - scroll2text3d! now that would be interesting!

Posted Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 4:38 am
you can install the plug again by renamin it i believe.

Posted Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 5:50 am
dur...

will go climb on my short yellow bus now for not thinking of that... it's what i get for typing on that much sleep.

Posted Wed 22 Dec 10 @ 7:46 am
Ha,ha Bro merry X-max btw.hope that works !!!

Posted Thu 23 Dec 10 @ 11:59 pm
It does, thats how you do it. Rename it anyway you want. and you can run the two together, or a couple of one, and one of another.

Posted Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 12:59 am
gotchas...

but i still think that last idea up there was hopefully up for consideration - imagine them getting together and making a plug-in combining both and adding more...

Posted Fri 24 Dec 10 @ 5:20 am
Scott is already worling on Scroltext V2, and there are some whispers of awesome new features, I do remember something about logos, and 3D text, but don't quote me on that.... A lot of us owe SBDJ about a truckload of beer!

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 6:50 am
beer?.. i'm naming my next child after him, matt, and cel.

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 9:09 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Celmatott?

Posted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 5:55 pm
something like that.

anyway. figured out the multi-line with text2d. was a no-brainer and i was the "no-brain"

Posted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 10:38 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
firetext is nifty , but bosses are cheap and the basic firetext package starts at $250. and firetext isn't necessarily for everyone (sorry tayla!) and i know alot of us are using scrolltext and text2d so we have more control over what's going on our screens.

fer example: our other dj's daughter had a quincenera (like a sweet 16 only mexican style) with about 2-300 people attending, where the dj had text to screen software running and some of the messages that flew up on the screen made some of the older folks there extremely angry. and that was with a language filter running..

Thanks for pointing that out and for the thumbs up ;) anyway let me clarify FireText have the option to NOT send automatically text to screen but manually, eventually you can also ban people texting from certain pre defined phones called trusted operators within the crowd ;) sorry but if you was in a party with rude content on screen, either the operator of text to screen wasn't using good technology or not too proffessional am affraid.

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 1:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)