Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Free Skins for iRemote

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I kind of feel like I got cheated here. I downloaded iRemote for my iPhone and I love it. However I wanted to do more with it, and I realized I couldn't because I need VDJ PRO to get skins. I paid for the app, you think that would entitle me to getting skins for it for free. I'm not saying all add-ons should be free, just the ones for the iphone.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 5:07 pm
To add to my arguments, you can't even download the Default Skin, which is included in the application. I hope they change the restrictions because at this moment I'm very disappointed. Sorry for double post.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 10:18 pm
I actually feel you make a valid point. Certainly with the default skins - just in case you needed to reload them.

Maybe the team could look into this.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 4:46 am
yeah, totally agree. even though i am using a free version of virtual DJ, i payed for the remote app so i hope they will allow us to dowload the skins

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 10:00 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The iRemote app is an added capability to enhance a users experience with VirtualDJ like when purchasing a controller.

As with our policies, only Licensed users of the VirtualDJ application have access to the additional benefits of skins, effects, etc.

If someone chooses to purchase the VirtualDJ iRemote application and only use it with the FREE Home version then nothing has changed from our existing policy - the user still has not purchased a the VirtualDJ application.

If you are interested in using the VirtualDJ application in a commercial environment as a mobile or club DJ then you should purchase the VirtualDJ application and get the additional benefits of access.

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 9:45 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
cstoll wrote :
The iRemote app is an added capability to enhance a users experience with VirtualDJ like when purchasing a controller.

As with our policies, only Licensed users of the VirtualDJ application have access to the additional benefits of skins, effects, etc.

If someone chooses to purchase the VirtualDJ iRemote application and only use it with the FREE Home version then nothing has changed from our existing policy - the user still has not purchased a the VirtualDJ application.

If you are interested in using the VirtualDJ application in a commercial environment as a mobile or club DJ then you should purchase the VirtualDJ application and get the additional benefits of access.

100% agree with this and most remote apps that cost the same as this one you do not even have the option to download or change the skin. However you do have the option of making your own skins so as far as I am concerned this is an added feature that no other app has.

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 2:30 pm
8-BitAce wrote :
To add to my arguments, you can't even download the Default Skin, which is included in the application. I hope they change the restrictions because at this moment I'm very disappointed. Sorry for double post.

I would assume that the default iphone skin will eventually become part of the VDJ.exe installer.

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 1:32 pm
Is there anyway I can get the default skin back on my Ipad app?? Im currently evaluating virtual dj home with a view to purchasing soon but want to make sure its for me as im coming from a Traktor background. I accidently changed the skin through virtual dj settings and now cant get it back.

Somebody please help.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 3:17 pm
I don't think it's possible to change skins with the home version. How did you manage to do this?

Keith

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 3:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try to reinstal iRemote.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 5:01 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Yes if you remove the app from your device and reinstall the app it will put the skin back to the default skin. Problem solved.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 10:56 pm
kallepaHome userMember since 2011
Hello,

Found this topic when looking for info regarding skins for iPad/iPhone.

I too feel that it's a bit wrong to not be able to download skins for the iPad, since I actually bought it much because of this description in iTunes:

MAXIMUM VERSATILITY:
The interface and functionalities of the VirtualDJ Remote can be completely tailored to your exact needs, by using new Skins.
The Skin format is compatible with the popular VirtualDJ’s skin SDK, and thousands of users are working on creating skins to fit every needs. You can download their creations, or easily create one by yourself.
Anything is possible, from a full-featured sampler pad, an effect table, a turntable emulator, a complete controller, or whatever else your imagination and need will come up with.

Nowhere does it say I need to buy the Pro version for this. You should either amend this description with the correct information, or make the iPad/iPhone skins available for download, since everyone who downloads and uses those skins actually payed for the iOS app.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 2:47 am
idj4himPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Should you guys have asked before buying. i almost made the same mistake with the prem. membership. but i asked first.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 4:39 pm
Ask? What questions should be asked? All? That'd be a bit tedious, right?

The answer is already there. According to the iTunes description, there are skins available for download.

I'll probably retract my purchase and look at other options for iOS+OSX DJ software.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 5:05 am
I agree it should be stated in the app description that non-Pro users do not have access to download additional skins.

The description is ambiguous and would lead me to believe if I paid for the app there would be skins available.

cstoll wrote :

People unfamiliar with VDJ (new users using home) would not instantly know that skin downloads are Pro user only, especially for an app that is sold seperately from VDJ

Keith

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 6:15 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Alright - lets put some common sense to this topic ---

Yes the application description says there are additional skins available for download. - So that is acknowledged.

And the application description says that you can only use the application with VirtualDJ Pro (7.0.2 or higher) as a remote interface.

So, if you discover the application by browsing the Apple AppStore and only stop there and never look into what VirtualDJ is and download the app - you just paid for a 'brick' piece of software - No ?

And then if you come here looking for other skins - why ? You have a piece of software that doesn't even fully open up for use to begin with. So why would you be concerned with more skins? So, you would have had to do some research to know why?

Now if you know what VirtualDJ is and have downloaded the Home version - then you have been here. You know what the process is around skin downloads. You most likely have looked at the comparison chart or even asked the question in the forums, ticket, or PM to another person about 'Why you can't download skins?'.

So to say "I didn't know skin downloads were only for licensed users." is not really an excuse nor a good argument.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 7:32 am
I always knew it was connected to the VDJ software, of course. That is not the issue here.

I did it in this order:

* Downloaded VDJ Home Free from the OSX App Store.

* Saw in the settings that I could connect my iPad.

* Found the app in iTunes and thought it a bit meager with just one screenshot for the iPad, but the bit about skins convinced me to buy it.

* Came to the site for skins and found that I have to register to download them. Then after registering discovered I wasn't eligible.

I also see that it's a bit of the same story with the OSX App Store description. You're talking about downloadable skins there too, without mentioning that it doesn't apply to that version of the software.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 4:24 pm
My question is that if I do own vdjpro 7.02 and have ire mote functioning properly on an iPad, how do I download the skins from the vdj skin site to the iPad. It says safari cannot download file. What am I missing here on my iPad?

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 1:05 pm

Posted Sat 27 Aug 11 @ 8:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)