Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: iRemote not finding my laptop - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have Virtual DJ Pro (licensed, legit, paid for) 7.02 on my PC laptop and I'm trying to use iRemote from my iPhone 3GS. The VirtualDJ software always shows no apps when I go into config / ipad (I have "enabled" checked), I allowed it through the windows firewall dialog that popped up, and the iPhone just continually shows "Trying to locate VirtualDJ" and the spinning wait cursor.

Any ideas on how to get this to connect? I didn't see any FAQ on the website, and there's nothing helpful in the App Store description either. I'd love to get my $10 worth as I think this app would be really helpful for me. :D

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:12 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is the iPhone set to use the same Wifi that your PC is on? Also, I saw mine hang for a bit expecting an authorizion to pop up on my PC in VDJ. Turns out, you have to watch that iPhone/iPad tab, in VDJ on your PC while the device is trying to connect. I saw my iPhone in the list of devices and all I had to do was click connect or something (top button on that tab).

Was real simple though if the firewall is set up right. If you trust you network, maybe disable the PC firewall if you still have issues and see if it helps. Even though I am sure you set it right, you some times see strange issues.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 7:40 pm
Hi mates

I was the same troble too, but connect by following method.

download Bonjour for Windows 1.0.4

Thanx

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 1:50 am

Requirements to run this is

1) Bonjour installed
(this is installed with iTunes, and 99% that use this app have itunes)

If you for some reason dont want itunes, you can install the Bonjour from here:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL999

(its a small process that discovers devices on your network)

2) WIFI
You need to run your PC and iPhone on same wifi

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 3:40 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ahh, yea that make sense. I guess I assumed he had iTunes on it.

Posted Fri 17 Dec 10 @ 9:05 am
Hello

I´m having the same problem, can´t seem to figure it out.

It works at home no problem, but on my main sistem doesn´t work.

I have firewall off

bonjour installed

The message displaid is Tryng to reconnect to VDJ

Could it be the settings of my Router?

I have my iphone on wifi and pc via LAN cable.

Thanks

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 1:08 pm
villageinn wrote :
Hello

I´m having the same problem, can´t seem to figure it out.

It works at home no problem, but on my main sistem doesn´t work.

I have firewall off

bonjour installed

The message displaid is Tryng to reconnect to VDJ

Could it be the settings of my Router?

I have my iphone on wifi and pc via LAN cable.

Thanks

I had a similar issue and had to change the security type to wep instead of wpa2 to get it to work

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 2:32 pm
I will it try and let ypu thanks

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 9:57 am
try changing the network security from wpa2 to wep, thats what I had to do

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 2:41 pm

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 3:47 pm
djatomLE userMember since 2003
that work only ad-hoc network????

Posted Tue 21 Dec 10 @ 10:10 am
Still no luck

Created a network but ad hoc or pc to pc option is not there i´m using windows xp

And the wireless ecrryption is wep.

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 1:21 pm
it works

1-install trial 7.02
2-wireless security should be WEP or WPA both worked
3- i also installed bonjour service again.

then it connects.

OK

enjoy

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 4:56 pm
hey guys so i have 7.0 b342 version and having trouble connecting with Iremote it worked great with the free version of virtual DJ but this version it isnt doing a thing jsut sits there searching.....

i dont have an enable check box just a rescan and a manual ip i tried both of them and still nothing.

Posted Sat 29 Jan 11 @ 11:28 pm
jlowapPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I cant get it to work either... tried everything. i already have Hippo Remote working but i cant get the the VirtualDJ iphone app connected... just sits there looking.

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 5:42 am
iRemote requires the latest VirtualDJ v7.0.2 to work: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

@nadforever: Please register your serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then download the latest version from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Please ensure that you have iTunes and the Bonjour service installed on your computer.

Make sure that both your computer and the iPhone/iPad/iTouch are connected to the same wireless network.

Also, make sure that any firewall software installed on your computer is not blocking the iPhone/iPad/iTouch from connecting to VirtualDJ.

For step-by-step instructions, please see: http://www.fromdjs4djs.com/virtual-dj-iremote

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 1:10 pm
LAS46Home userMember since 2010
Will the iRemote work with the free edition of virtual DJ?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 12:01 pm
I am runing windows 7 and I am having a very hard time setting up an ad hoc network that works. I tried the app at another house that had a wifi connection, turned off my firewall, and it worked fine. But when I make an ad hoc network and try the same thing my phone and laptop never sync up. I even went into the network and sharing center and changed the settings to allow sharing with everything. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I would love to have this app working in time for my party tomorrow night.

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 3:18 pm
LAS46 wrote :
Will the iRemote work with the free edition of virtual DJ?

Yes. it will work with VirtualDJ Home FREE v7.0.2 or above.

You can download the latest v7.0.3 from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

Posted Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 5:30 pm
Hi. I bought remote vdj in android shop I paid for apply about 8pounds. I used new one VDJ 8 with license subscriber. When I try connect vdj with remote show me all the time error firewall I change in system unblock vdj and I have still same problem any idea to fix ??

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 9:04 pm
91%