Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Time coded vinyl question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

santdPRO InfinityMember since 2004
1. I thought that when I lift the needle of my record and move to another part of the record the time coded vinyl would jump to that spot. As I could do using real vinyl. Is this supposed to work like that?

2. For some reason my mp3's start to play backwards. I have TTX-1 turntables, this drives me insane because It is an intermittent problem, so I never know when it will happen. This seems to happen when I am back queing.

3. Why do MP3's take so long to load up, I have 256 megs of ram memory, is this the problem?

Could this be a memory issue?

I am using the Maya 44usb sound card with TTX-1 decks and a Numark mixer.

I love the program, I can not wait to be able to have everything run smooth.

Posted Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 5:56 am
1. yes, it should work like that

2. I don't know what's wrong there...

3. 256MB is not that much, especially with winxp. I bet you see a lot of improvement when you at least double it.

Posted Wed 06 Jul 05 @ 2:21 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
go to 1GB of RAM, you see a big difference. Maybe the 256MB is the factor to your problem in point 2.

Posted Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 4:27 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not sure about the TCV problems, but I can tell you that the biggest factor in the speed at which songs load is the speed of the drive on which the song is stored. You could have all the memory in the world, but if you are getting your song from an external USB1.0 drive, then it will still take a long time to load, because loading is the process of getting the song from the disk and putting it into memory. If you are really short on RAM and your system is highly dependent on virtual memory (memory that actually lives on the disk) then that would amplify the slow disk problem.

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 5:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)