Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AviryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i had many problems with my first try
today (after playing with the app a bit) i can say i solved all of the problems but it's still laggy. once in a few seconds the screen get stuck.
am i the only one suffering from this?
will it better if i'll conect them via adhoc?

also what about more ipad skins? :)

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 2:51 am
This is BEAST!!! I dj'd the last hour of my gig tonight from the bar....lol....I was talking on the mic, mixing and chilling with the patrons. They loved it. Very very cool! It works like a charm on my iPod touch...absolutely no lag and no problem getting it working. Just make sure you enable the iRemote box on virtual dj FIRST before you open the app on your remote device. Looking forward to some iPod skins.....Thanks Atomix for one of the coolest apps EVER! Can't wait for the Droid version!!!!!!

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 4:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I used it last last night too, iphone connected via adhoc. Just wonderfull. No latency. Great tool !

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:09 am
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 9:29 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Looks like I was the first to download and use. Cool. Can't wait for future improvements like pitch control with % showing and search. Thanks!

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 10:03 am
Have been investigating this issue with not being able to connect to my PC. I have bought an iPad today and am still experiencing the same issues. WiFi connected etc. I tried a different router - and it started working instantly.

Can I ask which ports VDJ uses to connect to iOS devices? As I think this will be the problem.

Regards,

Adam

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 1:09 pm
I have the same problem on my home pc it works fine but on my main machine all i get is.

Trying to reconnect to virtual dj

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 1:25 pm
i have one question:
does the computer and ipod/iphone/ipad HAVE to be connected to wi-fi for it to work??
can it work with another type pf connection??

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 1:41 pm
DJ FORMAT wrote :

Okay guys my iMix skin is now available for iPhone. Hope you all enjoy using it

Looks nice - any chance of an iPad version?

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 2:26 pm
How you upgrade the skin? I tray and not working.. Error

dj-in-norway wrote :
jimmiem wrote :
First off, awesome app.

So far mine does not show any info on the songs playing and nothing in the browser. It's all blank where on the screen shot in the app store it looks like the song info is all present. I assume I'm doing something wrong or this is some sort of bug?

yes, we are fixing that.. for now do this :

sclavel wrote :
It has been reported than on iPad, sometimes the skin loads but the text are not visible.
If it happens to you, you just need to reupload a skin to the device:
To do this, connect the app and virtualdj, go in virtualdj to the iRemote page in config, and click "upload new skin".
The default iPad skin can be found here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12366/iPad_default_skin.html

This problem doesn't appear on iPhone, it has been reported only on iPad so far.
We are working to get this fixed ASAP.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 5:17 pm
spzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2009
ricardo9558 wrote :
i have one question:
does the computer and ipod/iphone/ipad HAVE to be connected to wi-fi for it to work??
can it work with another type pf connection??

Yes you can connect pc via LAN but Im sure theonly way or your idevice o connect is thru wifi.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:12 pm
spzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Ticoindamix wrote :
Stop crying with all this "it's 10 bucks? it should be free!" junk.

I really think $10 bucks is nothing if you're a professional DJ (one who get's paid to DJ)

So, just buy it, deduct it of your taxes as a "business tool" and be happy.

I can already see the many uses of this app.

For instance, as a wedding and party DJ, I can now go to the dancefloor and be a bit more free knowing I can handle it from there.

Also, I will make everyone have fun by allowing a few people to feel part of the gig by touching the effects buttons and sirens and such.

BTW, when I access the samples, I only get 1-4 , how do I scroll to the rest? I didn't figure it out yet. But I've only played with it for a couple of hours.

ANyways, great work VDJ and I am happy to support you guys with a few bucks.

Dude it's the principle. That those with vdj home can buy this n run a pretty tight ship for £6 but those that have already supported atomic with £300 plus, have being charged again, I understand there is no way to give it to just some for free, n I would have bought it at 3 times the price, but they could have made it free n only run on home version for like 10 mins so then more people would want to upgrade.

Just I was shocked there was even a charge I suppose, but yeah it's tax deductible. and I suppose if all the app money goes to improving the app n producing a droid version that's great...

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:20 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I played with it before game time for my afternoon wedding today. while testing, I went 300 indoors and was still able to have control. My phone battery was low, so I didn't play with it during the show. Thanks for this app!

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:50 pm

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 9:34 pm
Don't buy iRemote! It's a rip off for us free users. Skins aren't free for iRemote, which they should be since I purchased the software.

Posted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 10:26 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 1:42 am
8-BitAce wrote :
Don't buy iRemote! It's a rip off for us free users. Skins aren't free for iRemote, which they should be since I purchased the software.

Hey, for what it's worth I agree with your comments regarding skins for iRemote.

However, continually posting like this won't help. Only Atomix can make the decision and we will have to wait and see what happens.

In the mean time, chill out and relax!!

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 2:55 am
adamlonsdale wrote :
Can I ask which ports VDJ uses to connect to iOS devices? As I think this will be the problem.

By default, VirtualDJ uses port 4243 to communicate with the iRemote, but it can be changed easily with the registry key: iPadDefaultPort
Also, Apple's Bonjour uses port 5353

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 3:20 am
spzero wrote :
I understand there is no way to give it to just some for free

Actually there is....

Lots of apps are available as a free LITE version and as a full featured paid version, with separate listings in the app store.

Often you are able to upgrade to the full version within the free app too, which is what I've done with several apps now.

So - perhaps LITE version with just one default skin, and paid version with option to reskin (etc)?

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 4:21 am
groovindj wrote :
spzero wrote :
I understand there is no way to give it to just some for free

Actually there is....

Lots of apps are available as a free LITE version and as a full featured paid version, with separate listings in the app store.

Often you are able to upgrade to the full version within the free app too, which is what I've done with several apps now.

So - perhaps LITE version with just one default skin, and paid version with option to reskin (etc)?

As far as my knowledge goes, you have to pay £99 per year, per app. Including free apps. So the cost of Virtual DJ Remote will be paying for that fee plus development costs. It wouldn't be cost effective to offer any for free, unless you could guarantee that enough uses would upgrade to the paid version... And as it stands at the moment - if there were two versions, how many people that have paid would have gone for the free one?

Posted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 5:49 am
27%