Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixing with timecoded vinyls

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lizardHome userMember since 2005
Hi ppl,

I assume it's been some talking about this before but lets check again for new costumers like me :)
I'm thinking to by vdj3 with timecoded vinyls and maya44 usb.
My setup for now is mixer numark dxm 06, 2xturntables omnitronic dd 2250 with ortofon concorde pro and laptop intel pentium 4-m 1.8 with 450MB ram.
BIG question is how does it work (or how will it work to me)?
Personally I like more real vinyls than anything else but can't get all the music I want to play on vinyl and this would really help me.
So if anyone have similar setup please tell me how does it work?

thanx!

Posted Tue 05 Jul 05 @ 7:52 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Works great.... I use the Maya 44 usb and have 768 ram. Denon mixer, Numark TTX's. You will love it and you won't have to lug around vinyl. I've heard some say that real vinyl scratching is still better but it works damn good with timecoded vinyls. The only bad thing is that you can't use beatlock with TCV.

Posted Tue 05 Jul 05 @ 9:32 pm
lizardHome userMember since 2005
great!!! I play mostly progressive and breakbeat so scratch isn't something I do very much and thing with beatlock... well I think using beatlock just leaves me without pleasure of mixing, so it wont be a problem.
thanx djej I'm ordering right now, it's gona be a great summer!

Posted Tue 05 Jul 05 @ 11:24 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I have desktop Athlon 2100 & 512MB ram, Denon mixer and 2 Numatk TTs 1610. I don't need more. It works perfect!

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 05 Jul 05 @ 11:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)