Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Active Wave Form fades out

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've downloaded the new version of VDJ 1.05. It functions great but at times the Active wave form tends to fade out of view now and then.

Meaning That if I mix you start to see the wave form on your right side complete. But after a while you don't see anything until it comes up right on the center line.

It throws off the timing for me.

Why is that? It does it on the default skin as well as others.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 03 @ 9:41 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
seems to be that you don`t have enough video memory RAM.
Is this happen with bigger files or with every single file?
What happens if you reboot your pc and start vdj again?

Posted Fri 22 Aug 03 @ 10:16 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Also check to see what you have the max load set too. If you have it on max 5 and the song is 6 mins the waveform will fade in the begining. Set it to always if you think your pc can handle it.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 03 @ 10:33 pm
No, No, No. This problem happens somewhere in the middle of the song. Not the begining or the end when the music fades.

As a test I've deleted and installed 1.04 and I have no problems. Just with 1.05.

It's like the wave forms suddenly appear when it feels like it. Strange, And I do have a kick ass video card.

I'll keep trying.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 03 @ 9:04 pm
I've seen that too but with a different skin
I thought it was intentional?

Posted Sun 24 Aug 03 @ 2:08 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Some skins have a real fade in/out coding in the BMP file.
But it is true that with the limiter option you can also have the same 'effect' if you run out of memory.

To check that simply set the limiter to NONE

Posted Sun 24 Aug 03 @ 12:28 pm
You know try as I might I still cannot get rid of the problem. Not even on it's default skin it came with.

Any suggestines? Please help me out. This is very annoying as I'm trying to record mix sessions and I rely on this feature.

Posted Fri 05 Sep 03 @ 1:11 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Are you sure its not the max load option ?

Posted Fri 05 Sep 03 @ 7:28 am
The limiter is in two modes. Enable or Disable and I have it disabled.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 03 @ 2:06 am
I got it to work, thanks for the help.

Posted Sat 06 Sep 03 @ 3:26 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
what did you do?

Posted Sat 06 Sep 03 @ 7:38 pm
I set the limiter to none.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 03 @ 1:12 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't think the limiter is at issue here. Whay you need to adjust is the max load setting. I keep it at always. If you have it set to say 10 minutes, and you have an 8 minute song loaded in one desk, and load another song that's say... 5 minutes in the other desk, the 2nd song will not load entirely into memory. Therefore VDJ is constantly trying to read that track on the fly... the emphasis must be on the audio, because the video get's "drawn" as it goes along, and sometimes it can't keep up. Then the video will tend to "fade out" as you put it.
best you can do it set the max load setting to always, and have a big load of RAM on-board.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 03 @ 5:11 pm
I have seen this "fade out" many times. It happens on some tracks and not others.

Posted Wed 10 Sep 03 @ 2:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)