Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mixer Help Required

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys...:o)

Ok, so i'm setting up last night and can i get this damn program to work? No, i can't.

If you've read my previous post, you'll know that my homebuilt is knackered, so i had to use my main machine for my gig, which has version 3 on it. Great, i know, but different to what i'm used to in 2.06.

So, anyway, cut a long story short, i'm sitting here right now trying to fathom out VDJ 3 and my Numark DM1090x mixer. This is what i've got:

Soundblaster sound card.

1 line from speaker audio out on card to channel 1 on the mixer.
1 line from phone audio out on card to channel 2 on the mixer.
Master out from mixer to amp.
Master out from amp to speakers.

Very basic setup. all i need and usually works a treat.

However, i seem to have both decks coming out of one channel, i.e. when i fade over on the mixer from channel 1 to channel 2, i lose all sound. As far as i was aware, when using a mixer externally, the fader on VDJ should just remain in the middle all the time and your mixer fader does all the work. Is this right? Cos it's not the case for me right now.

I turn to you, VDJ'ers, for assistance. I can't go on like this and until i get it sorted i'm unable to use VDJ. It's really letting me down.

In my soundcard settings, i have selected 4.1 soundcard to external mixer, and have selected SB Live! Audio from the Soundcard drop down box (as opposed to 'Primary Sound Driver). I also have NOT selected either Software 3d or Output 7.1 (i still haven't received a proper reply to my 'settings' post - what should i be using?) but every way i try it, the same thing is happening. both decks from one channel and therefore all music coming from one channel on my mixer.

If anyone can offer assistance, please let me know.

Cheers and keep spinning.

P

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 11:15 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hello!
Crossfader in VDJ should be in the middle. Try to set up manual with option "advanced configuration" in sound card window.

Dj Nikki

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 11:34 pm
No joy i'm afraid. I selected Soundblaster Live from the soundcard drop down boxes for left deck and right deck and then selected output left for the left deck and output right for the right.

Still nothing is changing.

???

P

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 11:46 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Are you sure it's everything ok with your sound card? Lastest drivers ...?
If you set in "advanced config." you should be able to set it right.

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 04 Jul 05 @ 4:30 pm
Is it an external sound card, connected by USB?
I have 1, and I must use the same USB port that I used when I installed the driver, otherwise it will show the same problem as you are describing. Strange, but a fact for me.

Posted Tue 05 Jul 05 @ 1:15 pm
I used advanced config

Try to set ip advanced config, and set AGAIN EACH VALUE even to the value that is actually displayed.

This helped me several time when all was playing from left channel.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 4:45 pm
Ahhh..meant to sort this one out earlier.

I got it sorted. Just had to switch my soundcard settings to 5.1 speakers instead of 2.

Cheers for your help folks

Keep spinnin'

P :o)

Posted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 9:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)