Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MP3 Plug-in

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi, does vdj include the mp3 plug-in or it needs to be downloaded from the web site somewhere? i couldnt find the page to the plug-in if there's one available? or do we need to search the web for one?
bbj

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 8:58 am

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 9:16 am
unless youve got a small hdd, or youre making downloadable mixes, id suggest keeping .wav for quality of sound.
Bagpuss' blog has a useful n intuitive outline of the basic formats:
http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/Bagpuss/

Posted Mon 04 Jul 05 @ 6:15 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks for the reccomendation Clownius ;).

WAV is for sure worth considering if you have the space (perhaps around 80gb-100gb), The very moment I can get an external harddrive of such a size, I may well re-extract from my CD's as pure WAV's, for now, with my harddrive, the heighest I can go is 300kbps..

I am actually going conduct some tests very soon, and as you know with mp3, as it's a topic, not many can agree on, lol, the test of quality is much a personal test for yourself, but, if you make the effort to listen to an mp file, and the same song on the original CD, you can conduct alot of tests in VDJ, to see if you detect any difference.., and if you should notice a difference.., you can then decide whether that difference is worth xxxx amount of GB's extra.

So I will do my personal tests between a 300kbps and the original WAV, including an overall "how does it sound test", then isolating the difference frequencies with the EQ, then manipulating the material with pitch adjustment, nudging and gain etc.

I think if I can detect any difference at all (which is probavly unlikely), it will be with the music manipulation where their is difference.

I have to admit, i've been to alot of clubs, that use alot of different formats, CD, vinyl, mp3 etc, and for me, and my experience, I enjoy the sound of CD best, but alot some clubs that play mp3, sound really bad, poor encoders, damaged files, and some file perhaps as low as 128kbps, so what i'd say is, if your going to use mp3, then get it right! (the first time).

Bagpuss, Spin whatever file type you want, lol.

Posted Mon 04 Jul 05 @ 4:28 pm
When i choose a lame_dll in my settings as mp3 decoder plug-in and i click to star recording it isn`t working.Someone who knows how to fix this?pls thx

Posted Sun 10 Jul 05 @ 9:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)