Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Please make also your skins version in 1024x768 !

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rom303PRO InfinityMember since 2008

Dear skin designers,

If we are using a quite old laptop to go on the road, we are out with the actual resolution posted for the recent skins now.

Please make them also available in 1024x768 !!!

*** Even using the skin resizer tool free version, skins does not fit so well ***

Thx for the users !

Cheers,
Rom

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 8:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
1024 x 768 is very limited on screen space, I can imagine quite a few skin designers not wanting to target that resolution because they may have to drop features, or make it appear cluttered.

Posted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 8:56 am
rom303PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Seb,

I understand well this point.

But maybe using the resizer tool they could adapt it to these resolution ?

I'm hesitating to buy this tool to do the job by myself (but i'am not an expert...)

Posted Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 11:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1024X768 is not a popular resolution anymore. So skinners choose to upload theire skins to the most popular resolutions, to cover the needs of the majority. We are allowed to publish 3 resolutions the most, so you will have to use the Resizer Tool in order to resize your favorite skin.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 6:56 pm
With the popularity of the ipad there may be a need for 1024x768 again though!

Posted Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 7:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ipad is something else. There will be skins for Ipad, for sure, when iRemote will be released and many more after. But they will be designed with less features and buttons than the skins we use, due to less available space and probably will take care of the portrait- landscape Ipad Rotation.
Keith i know you already use your Ipad with VirtualDJ, but after the iRemote release you will probably use some other skins. I think that you zoom somehow with your Ipad in order ot view some details for the time, dont you?

Posted Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 7:17 pm
I don't have to zoom but some of the buttons are a bit small for finger touch. The default 1024x768 skin works ok on the ipad, but obviously a custom touchscreen skin would be better.

Keith

Posted Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 3:14 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Working on it buddy..

Posted Sun 12 Dec 10 @ 1:52 pm
im particularly fond of the tascam skin in version 3.4, i've also tried version 7 but i can't seem to get the hang of it.whenever i use beatmatch on ver 7,it tends to skip to the next beat and ruins my mixes.perhaps i'm doing something wrong,anyways that's my own personal observation.however i do appreciate the multiple decks on v7 as it makes my job a lot easier.i use v7 during school plays/stage programs and v3.4 if i need to mix live dance music.can anyone here help me with a small problem?i need a TASCAM skin 1366x768 resolution.any help would be truly appreciated.thanks....

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 6:13 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't ask for people to illegally distribute our skins. If you want a skin - purchase a license and get access to the skins.

OLD topic resurrected and trampled on - Topic Closed

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 6:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)