Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with Videofunction

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Nice greetings to everybody!

I hope you all understand me. I'm a german and I try to speak understandable english.
So, my problem is, that I'm using the VirtualDJ 3.0 Trial-Version and I can't test any Video.
I tried to drag a "mpg" or "avi" - file onto the turntables, but what only works is the sound.
I can't see the movie, although the video-window is opened.

What I'm doing wrong?

Posted Sat 02 Jul 05 @ 11:37 pm
Seems you don't have the right codec for the videos you're trying to play, so, try others.
Can you open it outside VDJ?

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 2:19 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 5:48 am
I already have installed Power DVD. I can also open my videos in Winamp or the Windows Media Player. Don't know why, but for me it seems that this is a problem with VirtualDJ.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 12:22 pm
Hmm, I dunno if this option is in demo version, but go to "config" button and then click on "Extensions" tab, then on "decoders" frame, look if you have the video files extensions associated with the video decoder in VirtualDJ

Like:

avi - Video decoder
mpg - Video decoder

And so on

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 3:45 pm
Hey,

it works! Don't know why it works now, but I can't remember that I did a thing that solves this problem.
Nevertheless thanks for your help!

Posted Mon 04 Jul 05 @ 10:42 am
I am loosing my mind here. I can't get my karaoke cd's to work right, you can hear the music but there are not any words in the video screen. When I click on the karaoke fx it says no cdg file or something like that. and I also get error video something like that. PLEASE HELP ME

DJ Tommy Boy

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 3:50 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Virtual DJ only reads .cdg (karaoke file) for the moment

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 1:21 pm
Spinmaster,
djcel already said that vdj only supports mp3+cdg. Here is some additional information:
there are several programs to convert your karaoke discs to mp3+cdg. These programs rip your karaoke discs to two files: a .mp3 and a .cdg file. The mp3 contain the music and the .cdg file contains the text data. The file should be named the same (except the extention of course) like: Michael Jackson - Billie Jean.mp3 and Michael Jackson - Billie Jean.cdg. If there is one character difference VDJ (and also other karaoke applications) can't link the files.
Ewout

Posted Mon 18 Jul 05 @ 2:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)