Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Pete Warden Plug ins - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey Gang,

I'm a new user of Virtual Dj, and after downloading the home edition to play with for about a week I made the jump to the Professional version paired to my Numark NS7. I used itch for awhile, but wasn't fond of the lack of video options, effects or plugins... No offense to any of the people who like serato, but it's just too different from earlier software I'ld use. (PCDJ mainly)

That being said, I have a very good friend who told me to try VDJ 7 and am glad he did.

My problem is .... I like the built in video effects plugins but my friend (Dj Nutz) did show me some pete warden plugins he had, and downloaded them from his site installed them in the correct folder but they when I select one of them in the skin, there is no activate "button" to actually make the plug work.

Any thoughts? Also is there any other plug ins that work? Please help!

Posted Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 4:08 pm

Posted Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 5:34 pm
Also!... those dont have a installer,you just copy and paste (or drag into) into your VDJ/Effects/video effects folder and they should show up...Bingo!!

Posted Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 9:02 pm
THanks guys, I downloaded the patch for direct x but still nothing...

I'm using Windows 7 32 Bit btw... Not sure if that helps or not...

Posted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 2:43 am
It was just mentioned in one thread that Freeframes work on windows based systems as they are part of that.other than that you should get the proper dx pack for windows 7.but someone will come around and answer this soon ..lol..

Posted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 5:45 am
Well Thanks so far, i'm hoping it does work ;) Looking forward to it!

Posted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 6:22 pm
Hey Guys, Especially HUEY!

Thanks for the help with the plug ins and such...

I got my new Laptop, installed VDJ and installed the plug ins and BAM everything worked great!

Anyone know of other plugins that I JUST GOTTA HAVE?

Let me know all!

Posted Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 9:25 pm
Dude..I was the first who found those as i was Researching for video effect plugins but first went for the soniques version 2.you will find a link in my blogs section in my home page.sorry i cant help more but Im quite busy this days...

Posted Thu 02 Dec 10 @ 11:30 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
actually you weren't, others have known about them for years, we just opt not to use them.

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 3:14 am
I think many opted not to do the work...lol...but I at the time really wanted something more so....I mean i did'nt see any one offering a nice pre-package bunch like that...yeap...

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 4:38 am
Tracker chill, me and him are neighbors, lol!! We only live an hour away from each. I go up to his town for shows and stuff. And Taylas right your weren't the first. DJ IN NORWAY has a link posted to all freeframe effects. Its a sticky. But anyways.........decaff bro, lol!!

Huey

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 5:18 am
No sticky at that time except basic info and i wished to god someone else had done it first so i could just come along and beg like a baby and get em!....yeap....

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 5:30 am
Well my friend there were probably reasons that didnt happen, have seen those a few years ago. Some make VDJ unstable, some arent usable. Please dont come and say you were the first to find these. Personally I will use what is trusted and tested within VDJ and its community. I have had issues with outside stuff...

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 6:32 am
Hey guys, whatever floats your boat! I like em, I'm going to use em, and I would love more..

It's like my daddy always said... what's better than one crawfish dinner.... TWO CRAWFISH DINNERS :)

Thanks for the help gang!

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 7:45 pm
Brian you're just a Touch screen user so you cant testify about anything (sorry but i dont think thats really mixing ) but again,when i started with VDJ i started almost instantly with the Videos,knowing it handle the mp'3 fine but this was the hype for me..but then could'nt find as many tittles in Video format as i did in audio so THEN i realized i would need to joggle mp'3s with video and that audio would need some Graphics.and again no one offered to just get em and package them and BTW i had figured that if tested them and if they worked on my Dell inspirion 1525 with vista,then they should work on any of them fancy wansy systems you're all running...enough sayd...

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 9:26 pm
And chris..nice to meet you Bro,was'nt attackin you...lol...just some of this guys that are quick to discredit me.but thats allright,its the curse of my life..lol...sets me "on Guard"...though from now on I wont bother...

Posted Fri 03 Dec 10 @ 9:37 pm
Bro i have been with VDJ since Version 3.0. Dont tell me I dont mix cause I am a touch screen dj now. You are going overboard on your assumptions. I only was making a point to you that you arent the first to bring this to the VDJ forum!! Im not trying to offend you but you are doing a great job of offending me!! I use more than just touchscreen. If you would like to continue this contact me through PM. You have asked for more help from me and others then you come back and insult me?!@?!? I think not!!

Posted Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 3:49 am
Huh my name aint Roy...(to the tune of Ting,tings "thats not my name") ...it aint about how long you've been around here,its about how FAST you pick up on it...enough sayd...he,he

Posted Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 6:51 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
My sincere apologies to Roy then for the mistake.

Posted Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 8:07 pm
??? O.k. you got me....whos Roy? ...ha,ha guys Lighten up Jeezz!! Brian Sorry again...I've seen youre set up,"Bad Ass" as huey would put it but not my cup of tea, thats my personal opinion.If I got my whole arsernal of midi gear set up and hooked it up to VDJ..whew!! you're all be in trouble,believe me..ha,ha...but what we need here its a way to manage those plugins and make controlling easier and that has not happened...and Milkdrops..that neither...

Posted Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 8:29 pm
95%