Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Skips and hangs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am running 1.2.4.0 Hercules console
firmware 35
package version 5.hdj.2004
bulk status 2

and VDJ 1.09

on my Toshiba Satellite laptop. 2.4ghz 512MB ram
XP home - service pack2

When I get to the end of sound files. it either wants to hang or skip when I am touching any of the controls. I get around this by pausing the file before it gets to the end. but not every file has that extra silence @ the end.

Often WAV files will hang up (lock upthe software) @ the end of the song, even if I am not touching the unit. Often it skips the last beat multiple times before it moves on. I must say it is sometimes cool sounding, but it freaks me out when I am DJing in the club. I know it's not supposed to do that.

Sometimes the software hangs and the unit just plays a loop. I have to close the software and start over. Or sometime...like last weekend.... I had to do a cold boot :(

I really like VDJ...... it is easy and fun. I love how the wave forms (visualizations) for the music over lap so you can SEE what your mix is doing (orginal VDJ skin). Brilliant!!!

I hate that the play and cue buttons are not reliable on my Hercules.

When I am using the front inputs on the Hercules I can't hear what I am recording through the headphones even by remapping the headphones in the Hercule control panel. Am I doing something wrong. I am trying to make it through Soundforge or ACID. Is there a way to better monitor the incoming signal and listen to it throuugh the headphones. It records fine I just can't hear it in the headphones.

I really like this product. Hercules isn't PRO but rocks. I just need more stabilty. Thanks for your help :)

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 11:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)