Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question on compatability

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

slw7920Home userMember since 2010
Hi all; did a ton of searching but was unable to find an answer to my question so here goes. Is the Numark M6usb compatible with virtualdj? I hope so because it would make things a ton easier for me! Thanks in advance.

Posted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 6:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's an analogue mixer not a midi. It will behave as any other external mixer. Yes you can use it with VirtualDJ, but you will not be able to controll the Internal VirtualDJ mixer with it.

Im not sure what that 3rd channel USB does. Maybe connect a hard disk. It says you can connect PC or MAc, but im not sure what that means. Probably a 2ch sound interface...

Posted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 11:55 am
The USB part is simply a built-in sound card that allows you to play music directly from your computer through the mixer or record the sound being output through the mixer.

It doesn't appear to be two stereo channels either, so no two separate deck outputs.

The mixer is not MIDI capable and cannot control VirtualDJ in any way.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 2:38 pm
Okay so I have this mixer how can i hook it up with virtual dj. I also have a numark mixdeck can this set up work?

Posted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 8:47 pm
I have the exact same setup right now as well. I believe that you can get usb to rca adapters to hook it up, I posted this a few days ago and I'm still waiting for someone to answer the question, I'm assuming that you're trying to utilize all four decks with the mixdeck combined with the m6 right?? Also the guy who was talking about the midi function was correct in that the m6 isn't midi capable, but neither is the mixdeck's mixer, so you technically should be able to manipulate the EQ's somehow using both rigs, exactly how I'm not sure yet, or if the software can handle being connected to both, so far it just crashes when i try to play around with the advanced configurations.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/140246/MAC_Version_Technical_Support/Utilizing_4_decks_with_Hardware_with_vdj_7_____.html

Hey guys,

I currently have the mixdeck with vdj7. Love it, but.........

I've been trying to figure out how to utilize the 3rd and 4th deck, Since the mixeck only has a two channel (with mono 4 channel) mixer I can only hear decks 1&2. Sometimes when I mess with the settings I can get all four decks playing through one of the channels but I no longer have control over the eq (bass, treble, high) for individual tracks and it just messes with all four at the same time. I've since given up on trying how to figure out how utilize 4 channels with only the mixdeck so I purchased a 4 channel mixer, the numark m6 usb. I made the mistake in assuming that the usb functionality would mean that all 4 channels had usb capabilitites, but alas only one channel (channel 3) has usb access. I've tried to also just do with 3 channels temporarily by using the mix deck as channel 1 and 2, than the m6 usb as the 3rd channel, But virtual Dj freezes up when i'm attempting to under advanced configurations set up the three decks. It keeps stating soundcard error and stops working. I've spent alot of time researching different mixers, drawing up strategies of how to possibly just buy a mixtrack and use RCA splitters and TRS splitters, but that just seems a tad extreme, and I've also seen someone with a similar problem be told to, "go get a sound card". And not really delve into the details of what kind, how to set it up, how to control the eq's for decks 3 and 4. So ideally i would like to control all four decks with the midi controlled cdj's in the mixdeck, than use the mixdeck's onboard mixer for eq with channel 1&2, than route the master output of the mixdeck into the m6 usb, than have the eq controls for decks 3&4 through the m6's controls. And possibly get a TRS splitter for cueing up the songs. Or use the mixdecks cdj's as a midi controll for all four decks and directly connect all outputs of my laptop to the m6, so channels 1-4 would take up the channels 1-4 on the m6 mixer and cueing would be done simply with just the m6. I'm currently running a macbook 13.3 inch that has two usb's, a firewire 400, and the regular headphone jack. So I want to know if anyone has solved this issue, if USB to RCA adapters, a firewire to RCA adapter, and a 1/8 TRS to RCA converter will be able to work all at once on vdj7 and not freeze it up. I've looked at possibly selling my gear to get the vms4, but i'd prefer to stick with numark for the time being. So vdj masterminds and vdj gods.... HELP!!!

Gear.
Macbook 4gb ram 2.4ghz intel duo
VDJ 7
Numark Mixdeck (Dual Midi controller w/ Analog Mixer)
Numark M6 USB 4 channel mixer (analog)

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 2:44 am
Hey guys

Just bought m6 mixer. Gonna try some configurations with a midi converter interface. Hope it works.

I wanna be able to use the mixer with my turntables and virtual DJ software. Read some reviews and some are saying mixer is not midi compatible. My idea is to add an extra bridge between the channel 3 output and my computer. That bridge being a midi converter.

Joe

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 2:19 am
That's not possible.

The M6 has a USB audio interface built in, so you can play audio from a computer into channel 3 or you can record the mixer output.

It has no MIDI capabilities whatsoever, and it's not something which can be added.

The thing to bear in mind is that the M6 is a real mixer. There is no need to control (via MIDI) the "pretend" VDJ onscreen mixer when you have the real thing.

Unfortunately one limitation of the M6 is that there's only one stereo USB signal from the computer, not two.

You'll either have to send just the VDJ master output to the M6 and do your cueing via the computer sound card, or buy an external audio interface with two stereo USB audio outputs and feed them into the M6 analogue inputs.

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 6:50 am
Hello everyone i need some help i have a unmark m6 usb and i have been trying to find an answer can tis mixer be compatible to any dj software like serato etc???

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 3:36 pm
The answers you seek are in the messages above yours.

Posted Thu 12 Mar 15 @ 4:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)