Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MP4 music video editor suggestions?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, I did it. I just moved to a PC, from a 4 year old MacBook Pro that couldn't handle music videos on VDJ. And I'm tired of missing out on all the coolness that the PC version offers.

I'm looking for an editor for MP4 music videos, something with a simple interface. The ability to see the audio waveform would be sweet too. I do some simple edits - removing DJ promo intros, garbage like that. I recently bought one for my Mac, but I'm now on PC. Doh! I paid $20 for that app. That's about what I'm looking to spend, if necessary. ;-)

Suggestions? Thank you!

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 7:43 am
I need the same thing you do. I have final cut pro on my imac. Theres some remix intro's I don't care for. Sometime i like to automix while i work the crowd, and some of the intro's have 10 seconds of crap before the actual song starts.

Posted Mon 03 Jan 11 @ 10:30 pm
I've been using 8th Wonder Record Pool for videos. And they have told me that those DJ intros with sound effects are hugely popular. I think that's bullshhhh. And that the videos are encoded for Serato with the first cue point to skip that nasty garbage at the (Armed with Harmony) intros.

The only thing I have found (free) on PC is MPEG Streamclip (http://www.squared5.com/). It does not show an audio waveform, but it does allow to open/edit/save the MPEG-4. It's just not as accurate as I would like. But I do use it sometimes.

Regardless, I jettison the useless intros for every download. I'm now downloading on my Mac, using that app that I purchased (I forgot title), then transferring to the PC and importing to my library. A lot of crap for some custom DJ crap, but oh well.

I hope this helps.

Bobby

Posted Tue 04 Jan 11 @ 7:11 am
i use sony vegas (advanced editing) or the Sony Movie Studio (more basic), both are for windows

Posted Thu 06 Jan 11 @ 12:28 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Same as Darryl,
Sony Vegas is a great way to go..easy to make your own edits and mix your own text, videos and pictures etc..

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 12:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)