Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: trouble with Maya44

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know this has been posted many times, but when using the Maya44USB soundcard i just purchased, I get a "DirectX sound driver error" every time i start virtual dj. I made sure that the card is plugged into the correct USB port, and YES the soundcard is plugged in when starting vdj. I updated directx to whatever is the newest version from microsoft....any other suggestions?

Does anyone use the Maya44 with USB 1.0? My laptop is old and does not support USB2.0, could that be the problem?

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 11:44 pm
i dont own a maya, and have no experience with it, but i thought id throw my 2 cents in...

i experienced a problem similar to this yesterday, when i bought a new pair of headphones, for gaming, with a boom mic and 32bit digital sound, DSP, 6band eq and its all external, for less load on the computer when using sound, and it runs off USB2.0. after i plugged this in however, i lost all my original sound settings with soundblaster. thats ok, coz my speakers are only little crappy free offer ones, i use headphones to mix like everyone else, and i had to swap everything around, and find a config that worked.

this could very well be what happened plugging the maya in, but im not sure of the maya's specs as a sound device...

or it has nothing to do with it, and its just useless input :)

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 1:29 am
leeroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
if you look in the maya 44 manual at the back - page 20. section 10 it mentions about usb bus power 250mA max. What is usb 1.0 capable of powering? Also I think usb 1.0 runs at 12mbps and 2.0 at 480mbps- i may be wrong. But maybe this might have something to do with it. However, on page 2 the minimum requirements do not mention usb 2 as minimum. So who knows???????

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 1:37 am
leeroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
also go to config settings, in the sound card settings and select usb asio driver, not direct x. restart program and see if error message disappears.????

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 1:58 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The error you get has not to do with the usb bus.
Wich drivers are you using? If you use asio with maya44usb (recommended, and the only way
to get 4inputs, 4outputs) dx has not use at all. The program (vdj) "speak" with the card directly throught asio.

1. Install the latest ASIO drivers
2. [IMPORTANT]: Use always the same usb port (the one the card was when the drivers installed...)
3. Setup vdj in asio.
4. Go for shopping... everything will be ok !

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 2:04 am
hmmm, just a small check: Go to souncard config in VDJ and select "Primary Sound Driver" or something like that. Then restart vdj to check if you still get that error.
Im not sure if it will work, but i had got the saem error once cos i uninstalled abd reinstalled my soundcard and then updated the drivers, but vdj was still searching for the older drivers of my sc. So it gave the same error you got. Then i chose that option, and it was working fine.

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 7:49 am
hey, about USB2.0 and Usb1.1, they are just two versions. The 2.0 will have faster transfer rates and better (more efficient) power supply. But, any usb2.0 device will work fine even in a usb1.1 port but at a far slower rate than it can actually perform.
regards,
aditya

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 7:51 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
"better (more efficient) power supply" ....
are you sure ? where do you read that ?

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 1:50 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It is the same in booth versions.
Just speed is different.

Dj Nikki

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 1:53 pm
Hey, you are right. I was shopping for usb cables and one brand had gold plated USB connectors for better power supply. Sorry, i got confused with this and the offerings of the 2.0USB.
regards,
aditya

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 2:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)