Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Custom animated logo and message scrolling

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I am all new to this.
I currently work for a video music bar and are currently trying out Virtual Dj. At the moment we only have the free version just to see how things are and stability as our current Vj Program from Clubdjpro is really unstable and just keeps crashing which is annoying when you have a full bar and the music just stops playing!

Anyways, the current program we have allows us to put scrolling messages on the bottom of the screen and also have our bar logo on the top right of the screen. looking through the options on VDJ, I figured out that you needed plug-ins for the stuff we want to do, but being a free user at the time doesn't allow me to download any plug-ins unless I am a Pro user.. I even tried to see if there was a possible free trial period, but no, only VDJ Home which is a bit of a burden when you're trying to test software b4 you buy.

My question now is, could I have a constant and on loop scrolling messages on the bottom of my screen with the chance to edit font colours, speed setting etc and have a custom logo on the top right of my screen or anywhere i want with the options of size and transparency settings?

Also one thing to add, from our current VJ program, we have a Mix button to Mix videos easily rather than using the cross fader with the mouse all the time, I don't know if this is also an add on feature.

Many thanks for your time in reading this,
Much Appreciated!

Posted Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 2:11 pm
sorry, forgot to add, if it were possible to have an animated logo rather than a fix one because of screen burning on the flat screens across the bar...

Thanks!

Posted Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 2:13 pm
Sounds like you need Firetext and ScrollText............ Tayla and Scott where you at?? They should pop in shortly and help you out. Also you should register your software for more options.

Huey

Posted Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 2:28 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Simple answer, yes.

There is a plugin available called ScrollText which allows you to manage a list of messages, configuring all the options you listed and many more.

Another plugin is available called ShowLogo - I'm fairly sure you can guess what that does - but it's only for static logos.

Firetext might do the animated logo display; I've not used it myself. Tayla can chime in here!

Auto crossfading is easily mappable to a keyboard shortcut or MIDI control as well.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 4:56 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Christian contacted me on skype earlier so seemed a bit pointless repeating our conversation and I've let him know of the options available to him, so thanks for the mention guys.

Yep an animated logo at the present time can only be run through Firetext, but we are also looking at adding something else just now and if it happens it will be something amazing.

Posted Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 6:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)