Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: NoiseBell

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Released the new NoiseBell v1.0 created by myself.
>>> http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12202/NoiseBell.html

Description:
Bell-shaped noise effect, with echo.

Features:
  • Dry/wet slider to set the input gain (echo still plays at full volume)
  • Filter center frequency slider from 50 Hz to 8 kHz, with fades at the very ends
  • Resonance slider to choose between an harsh noise and a sweet narrow-band sound
  • Echo feedback slider
  • Beat or half-beat echo length
  • Ping-pong (stereo) or mono echo output
  • Pink (default) or white noise

Notes for Windows users:
Always remember to update your system libraries in order to make new effects work, in case they don't:
http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/TexZK/blogs/4265/Windows_libraries_for_plugins.html

Posted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 1:32 am
As always, Excellent Work!!

Thank you
Huey

Posted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 7:22 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can anyone port It to Mac Please?

Posted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 11:12 am
am about to get it Tex but "bell like"? do u mean a ring modulator in series with an echo? sounds interesting

Posted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 9:25 pm
Ehehe no, the bell is the shape of the band-pass filter on the spectrum analyzer, as in:

A white or pink noise is passed through such a filter, which sounds like a "whoosh" when modulating the center frequency (Fc), then injected into an echo loop.

BTW, a basic ring modulator is very easy to do, but suffers from digital aliasing when the modulation frequency goes higher, which makes most of the ring modulators sound like crap (ok, not those in DAW's...). I might make one when I get free... I still have to fix some other effects to make them sound better, or have computations a bit less heavy.

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 2:10 am
Ok its official, this effect is the $HIT!!! Im lovin this thing!!

Thank You
Huey

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 5:53 am
dj lylianPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Very, very, very good audio effect ;)

very good job Texzk :)

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 11:03 am
I second that "Beat".this thing its sweet!....Tex youre the man... yeah..i think a ring modulator (like other synth components) would be a logocall next route..humm?

Posted Fri 12 Nov 10 @ 10:18 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's now available for mac

Posted Sun 21 Nov 10 @ 1:29 pm
By far this is my favorite effect ever!! Thought id put that out there, lol!!

Great Work
Huey

P.S. Can't wait for that new loopout effect (HINT) lol!!

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 12:40 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
By far this is my favorite effect ever!! Thought id put that out there, lol!!

Great Work
Huey

P.S. Can't wait for that new loopout effect (HINT) lol!!

LoL thanks :-)

BTW, it seems difficult to make a true loopout effect, because the plugin can't sample data when the effect is off, thus it isn't possible to make it work as on the Kaoss Pad 3. As for the moment, I can only feed the DSP with data from the track and not from the output buffer. This means it won't work as expected when inside loops or when using other effects on it. Anyway, when using it outside loops and alone, it will work as expected.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 1:01 pm
will test it out

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 3:27 pm
lumixxHome userMember since 2012
Hello, I want to download this effect, but I don't know how to upgrade my license. Can somebody help me¿?¿?

Posted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 9:17 am
You will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to use custom skins, effects and much, much more.

You can can upgrade at a considerable discount by going to: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Sun 25 Mar 12 @ 1:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)