Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: XML Config file for HDJConsole buttons

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A request for VDj Developers: I have the HDJConsole, Can u add an xml file for change button settings, or just tell me if there is a place where i can modify these values (regedit or something) ? I need different lenght of loops: (1,4,8 instead of 1,2,4 for example) I'm sure u can do it and put in some fix update for vdj-boundled version. Thanks.
Another question: If u can contact Hercules hardware developers, can u tell them to adjust play/cue buttons? I have fixed the problem disabiling one switch for every button with adesive tape, cause i had no warranty (i've bought it in 2nd hand) but all people can't open the console, cause they loose the warranty.

Thanks

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 4:41 pm
you just sticked the tape of the buttons that had dual connections )plaz and cue= and it helped ?

I will try ;-) good idea

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 9:56 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'd gladly void my warranty if that really fixes the unresponsive button issue. Anyone else try this yet?

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 12:18 am
the console is a MIDI device

VDJ got a build in support for midi devices, so you can manually set most buttons of the console as you would like.. (VDJ midi mapper)

Hercules used to include their own mapper, that you could use easily to change buttons, but is removed for some (strange) reason if you have updated drivers

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 12:21 am
norway i was unable to map console in the usable way, just EQs ... thru midi mapper
I posted this in the feature requests also describing what is wrong...

on the hercules site I found a download link to freeware software
"vmidijoy" that is even better than original hercules mapper.

http://vellocet.com/software/VMIDIJoY.html

Hercules is a joystick too and this software communicates with hercules and emulates keyboard presses for example

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 10:55 am
Norway, i need only that function. I don't wanna config the console in midi mode. I have tryed and it sucks :P. U know the window where u can choose: Invert Volume/pitch - Use the joystick for scratch and blablabla? Ok, i need only another function like:

Channel A
Loop1 [ Choose lenght ]
Loop2 [ Choose lenght ]
Loop3 [ Choose lenght ]

Channel B
Loop1 [ Choose lenght ]
Loop2 [ Choose lenght ]
Loop3 [ Choose lenght ]

The Choose lenght can be implemented as a dropdown box like this:
[Choose lenght]
[1/4]
[1/2]
[1]
[2]
[4]
[8]
[and so on]

Thats all. If u give me the source of the program, i can modify it lol.
Put it in a little good patch for herculesdj console version please. U will save space in ur database forum. I have read about 20 or more posts of people askin that. U should listen the voice of users ;)

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 9:40 am
I'm sure that VDJ Developers known how to handle codes of buttons.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 05 @ 9:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)