Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Experts...I REALLY need some help here!!! - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

er soz came back to write that, "remembered" ur post saying something like that my mistake.

tttttssssss, jeeej i really dunno then sorry :S im ok with puters done a few courses a while ago n stuff but im outta ideas.

they print the copy-protection tag/label onto cd jackets now, usually near the barcode. other than that the only way ive bothered to check copy-protection however is burning with windows media player...

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 1:14 am
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ah...:o) no worries.

i'm generally good with these damn boxes too...and studying them!!! never seen this before though.

i can't see anything that i think resembles a copy protection thing.

i've also already copied that cd to wmp10 on my other machine. seems fine there...

dunno what's going down here...

P

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 1:21 am
ill ask around, though they wont have virtual dj, so info might be scratchy, lemme know if you resolve

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 1:25 am
Good man...:o)

P

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 1:26 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Viruses can disable anti virus software and restore.

Please try pasting the file to google and see what comes up.
Or paste it here.....

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 2:01 am
I don't think there's any point pasting it into google... and i can't post it here cos i don't know what application i need to use to open it...:o|

P

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 2:38 am
the buds are stumped, one said cpu heh.... soz :S

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 3:23 am
I experienced the exact same problem... Lockups and reboots while scanning files.

I was able to determine that the problem was with my external hard drive - it was in a USB 2.0 enclosure. I switched to FireWire and the problem went away.

I figured this out because I had my MP3 library on an internal drive and my video library on the external drive. When the external drive wasn't connected, things ran fine. With it connected, it was guaranteed to crap out within a few minutes - whether I was accessing the files on the external drive or not.

After the enclosure swap everything has been peachy.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 5:12 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Pionara:
Could you please add your msn or yahoo adress to your blog, if you don't have one, it is quick and easy to install, I and others can help you much better there, and help you resolve this issue finally, at the moment, it is to a degree a guessing game...

So we can communicate much better in chat ;).

Bagpuss.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 3:41 pm
Ok...i've just reinstalled vdj...(*sigh*) and now have to go through 15gb of music...analysing each track as a i go...4,5000...:~o( (*sigh*)

my hotmail address is pionara@hotmail.co.uk

Bagpuss...if you're online, please come and see me...

thanks

P

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 12:35 am
Ok...reinstalling VDJ didn't do the trick...:o(

This time i'm going to replace my cd rom drive. i think i've got a problem with that now...aaarrrggghhh!!! I'll keep you posted...

P

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 9:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)