Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please show professionism on handling headphone problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Virtual DJ staffs,

I used vdj bundled with HDJC without headphone problem;
Upgraded to 1.09 without headphone problem;
I used v2.0 shareware in same computer WITH headphone problem;
Close v2.0 shareware and open 1.09 bunble without headphone problem;

Checked on the site and everybody is complaining about it;

Obviously v2.0 should change some coding to cater the problem;

Frustrated with it and uses 1.09.

But when v3.0 comes out, common sense told me the code should have changed and the problem should have fix.

And I paid and purchased v3.0.

To my annoyment, I am wrong, this problem come into my life this time, and I cannot get away because I have paid the money.

Guys, I am a computer system analyst and I know how to set my computer right;

Don't tell me that I am using cracked version and cracked version doesn't support headphone, nonsense. Cracked version crackes date limit of shareware version and won't change the program's behaviour.

This is top of the list problem. Face it. Solve it. Get staffs from HDJC together, trace hardware chips version and drivers versions, find why some batch of HDJC have problems and some don't and solve it.

Show your professionism, handle your paid customers' complaints seriously.

I have both v1.09 and v3.0 in my computer. v1.09 has no headphone problem and v3.0 does have. Check v3.0 coding and it starts when v2.0 came out. Ask the programmer about the changes they made.

Please handle this problem professionally.

Without headphone monitoring I cannot use v3.0.
I want to use the paid and registered commercial legal version 3.0.

Thanks you very much.

Ricardo Prado

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 7:46 pm
Thanks for your thoughts, we handle all the posts very seriously and treat all our users with great care. This is the best forum i have ever been a part of, and Im thankful to the dev team for such a great software. Your need will be catered to and will not go unnoticed. However, if your problem does not get solved, you can report it the bugs report forum.
thanks

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 9:56 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
OK...let's try and solve your problem. There isn't a headphone problem for most so I don't think it's a programming bug. These boards would be screaming if everyone who upgraded had a headphone issue. How are you trying to listen to the headphone...i.e. what is your hardware set up? If you are just using your computer and no external mixers etc.. You need a stereo splitter at your audio out on your PC? Do you have one of those already?

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 4:07 pm
headphone monitoring works well with 3.0 and my Hercules DJ console!

Let me try to see if you are having any of these "issues" :

1. Have you upgraded to the latest firmware and driver for the console (www.hercules.com)?
2. Is your console set to DJ mode ? Righ click green alien head in system tray to set..
3. Have you set pro version of VDJ correct ??? its not like in console v.109.
You have to go to the soundcard settings, and choose the CONSOLE for soundcard! Choose the image of the console, for using the console headphone monitoring
4. Get a skin with "headphone mix" slider, to choose how much of the both decks you want to prelisten

NR 3 is my wild guess for why its working for you in console version of VDJ (1.09) and NOT in 2.0 and 3.0 (demo & pro). You need to set console as soundcard, as the pro version supports many soundcard modes (that the console version does not)

hope that helps :)

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 12:18 am
Thanks for replying.

I have to wait for Saturday that I can have time to try to fix the problem.

Here is the result:

I have downloaded and installed the latest driver and firmware from Hercules site.

However, it seems don’t work, even worse, the output form main channel 1 & 2 of RCA become distorted but I changed to use mini jack output of channel 1 & 2 is fine.

The headphone is still not working.

I have not tried to change skin with “headphone mix” yet. What skin do you suggest?

By the way, what is NR 3 ? Is that my new hope?

I feel despair and I see from the board that I’m not the only one that has this issue even configured every possible settings.

The fact is that I run console version 1.09 without headphone problem and run v3.0 pro with headphone problem. I should have configured (the green alien head and soundcard setting) correctly. Again, I suspect it is hardware chipset in HDJC version difference or program module in vdj 3 difference that cause the problem and made some batch of HDJC working and some batch of HDJC don't.

Again , thanks for replying.

Regards,

Ricardo Prado

Posted Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 1:19 pm
first be sure the software is correctly configured
i have the hercules dj console with the latest drivers/firmware and vdj 3.0

dj console settings

1/ plug the dj console
2/ click on the green alien icon in your systray
3/ change to dj mode
4/ be sure the volume of the 3 sliders is at max
5/ be sure the headphone below the slider is on (monitor 3/4)

VDJ settings

1/ open the option panel
2/ select the soundcard tab
3/ select the dj console
4/ check in your skin if there's a headphone volume on it.

in the end, be sure the volume control of the headphone is not set to zero

if you're settings are ok . consider uninstalling all the software related to your dj console/virtual dj and start over a fresh install this may fix the problem

sorry for my bad english :)

Posted Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 1:36 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It's only a problem linked to configuration. And the whole posts on the forum were either due to the use of demo or cracked version (and yes sometimes it doesn't work !! It would be too simple for hackers otherwise :-) ) or bad config of HDJC (drivers,...)

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 3:06 pm
A new hope!

I was in despair when I told my self that I hope it really is a configuration problem and just some steps missing in the process. Again I look through all the related post in the forum and jotted down minor information I may have left out. I found in the config menu that in addition to selecting the soundcard, the 3 pictures at its left can also be selected (which match the bits & pieces of info saying “Software 3D”, “7.1 output”, “splitter”).

I think this probably the setting I have left out. However, I have to wait for next Saturday to get my HDJ Console to test.

Thanks for helping me.

Ricardo Prado

Posted Mon 25 Jul 05 @ 7:03 am
If you find out that was the problem...then can you take back all the mean and hateful things that you said? LOL HEHE

Good luck. Let us know if it worked.

MS

Posted Tue 26 Jul 05 @ 1:17 am
I wanted to know how to listen one side of the record playing in my headphone while the other side is playing out loud on the speakers.

PLEASE HELP ME....

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 4:18 pm

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 5:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)