Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VJ Skin in 1280 x 800

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I come from using PCDJ VJ 5.1 and 5.2 and Im trying to migrate to VDJ 6.2 and now 7.0. I got used to the clean skin VJ provided and the separate icons that VJ uses for Music and Video as well as the color coding for music or karaoke tracks. My laptop screen is 1280x800 and using the 1024x800 VJ skin is very ackward. I've tried to get used to the VDJ skin but I cant easily differentiate the small file type icons. I am unable to differentiate the V from the K.

Does anyone has a 1280x800 VJ skin?

I dont mind at all if the audio crossfader is missing from the skin. I never use the internal mixer.

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 2:41 pm

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 3:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJ Eric PR wrote :
I've tried to get used to the VDJ skin but I cant easily differentiate the small file type icons. I am unable to differentiate the V from the K.

about the icons in the skin... you can change them using icons from other skins. Here is a picture from the icons i use in my skins (TCmania, Rusty, Plasma, VMS4, etc)

The list explains the icons as shown (order)

Karaoke file
Already Played
Unknown (unscanned)
Audio
Video
DifBpm

Posted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 4:59 pm
Jam Master Rob, I know there are a lot of skins available for download but there is none that replicates the VJ Skin in 1280 x 800.

DjDad, would I have to modify the skin bmp file to change the icons?

Posted Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 8:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, you have to copy the icons part of the bmp file of one of my skins above and paste it to the skin you use. Then you will probably have to adjust the xml file a little bit with the x,y of the customicons line.

Posted Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 8:43 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)