Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: question about vdj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi guys im thinking about buying some soft ware decks and ive heard vdj is good but can you wire it up so it plays thru an external sound system rather than youre pc speakers and will it be expensive to achieve

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 11:24 pm
Hi azamac. I think by your question you are looking for the cheapest option you can find, so try these.

1) get a cable that has mini phono connections on both ends ( this will allow you to connect your pc ( line out ) directly to the ( ine in ) on your home stereo ( providing your stereo has a line in) change your stereo to "aux" and enjoy. (The cable costs about £3 but may vary)

2) If you are looking for some hardware to use with this. Try hercules DJ console for £120. (pixmania dot com. This is the cheapest you will get this hardware for) This will allow you to control the vdj application with a physical mixer, and it also has various connections at the back that will allow you to connect it to pretty much any stereo. ( but you may have to buy the correct cable to do this.) (Also, VDJ software comes free with this, and you will be able to upgrade the software to version 1.09, that is pretty much all you will need.(

Honestly, i think that pretty much covers it. But if you are looking for something in particular drop a post with more details and i am sure the people in this forum will be happy to help you out.

Regards, DJ MICK_c

Oh, and on a personal level, yeah, you are right, it pretty much is the best software of its kind on the market.

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 12:39 am
I forgot to mention, You can download a trial version of this software from this site to test it out.

Try Before Buy

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 12:42 am
cheers but i was thinking more like a club sound system is this poss?

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 10:10 am
HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yup its possible to use vdj in a club

u could use real cd players to controll vdj or even a pair of turntables.
but most vdj user uses a harware solution like the hercules controller or the eks xp10.
a few guys use the dac 2 controller and there is a midi keyboard that helps u contoll ur entire sample section and a lot more.

one thing with vdj u could do a lot of stuff that u will never be able to do on a turntable or a cd player (Exept in like 10 years or more ) the only thing i can see that speaks against vjd is that windows craches cumputer craches etc...

and ofcourse if u dont have any hardware the feeling is gone :)...

Yes it si pro enough to use at a club ....

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 12:13 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Virtual DJ can be used anywhere, just as decks and cd players. In fact, it can do alot more than traditional equipment alone, combine with a mixer and good controller, and your laughing, enjoy it!.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 7:13 am
VDJ is a hell lot powerful than you can imagine.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 11:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)