Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with hercules mk4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently purchased a hercules mk4 controller. I installed it on two different computers (laptop first and desktop second). my problem is I can control everything with the board but the board isn't lighting up and I am not getting any sound out of it. almost as if there is not enough power to it? is there any way to plug a AC adapter into it?

also which is better to use the asio setting in virtual dj for sound or dj console mk2. is there any way to play samples using the mk4 (I see I can play loops and effects but not samples?

I am extremly new to djing and was looking to start playing around with a laptop and picked this up for mixing tracks. but so far I am having problems. please help

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 9:49 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Are you using the latest driver (2010.HDJS.2), as well as the latest update for Virtual DJ (v6.12) , available from the Download section ?

Did you verify that the Mk4 is correctly installed, as indicated in the following document:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00403.pdf

If everything seems is correctly installed, that you get access to the DJ control panel,, try playing an MP3 file with WMP or iTunes thru the Mk4 (be sure that audio mode WDM is selected in the control panel).

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 6:18 am
well I took my laptop to work today with the controller, I changed the USB cable to a brand new one we had at work and uninstalled the drivers and the program...started from scratch and after installing everything seems to be working 100% now. so not sure if it was a software issue or a hardware issue with the cable. thanks for the help though

also is there any way to use the sample features on the hercules dj controller or do you have to do that through the laptop? and what is the benefit of the asio vs wdm? which is better?

Posted Thu 14 Oct 10 @ 10:21 am
djharvzHome userMember since 2011
my hercules mk4 cant recognized in my laptop..and even the Hercules logo don't light up. what should i do? pls help

Posted Tue 23 Aug 11 @ 3:47 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Tue 23 Aug 11 @ 6:35 am
Hello everyone, I have a HUGE PROBLEM, on Sunday in the middle of a gig while using VDJ 7 & Hercules the BPM sync feature all of a sudden didn't work. This was the second time it happened and somehow it fixed itself the first time and thought it was going to be a one time thing but I see it isn't. Has anyone experienced this??

I set the BPM of both decks to be the same and manually synced both decks perfectly and it still went off sync. I Automatically and manually synced both decks and they kept going out of sync on their own. It's driving me crazy, and I can't DJ like this!! PLEASE HELP!!

Posted Tue 04 Oct 11 @ 10:44 pm

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 4:37 am
I just got the mk4 console and just have a little glitch on the system, my question is, is it normal for the virtual dj software to freeze? The music continously still playing but the graphics in the monitor freeze. I dont have any programs open on my computer except for the virtual dj. I need some feed back please.

Posted Tue 18 Oct 11 @ 9:05 am
i cannot have my first music in my speakers and my second music in my headphone.
i have a mk4 with at the backside a audio cabel that is plug-in in the backside of my computer in the blue line in.
but still i have the same noice in my headphone and my speakers

Posted Wed 26 Jun 13 @ 5:14 am
Hi

First of all, you should not bump old threads (this one was started THREE YEARS ago).

Secondly, you should not plug the audio output of the MK4 into your computer. Instead, connect the output to either an amplifier & speakers or a pair of powered speakers.

You will also need to connect a USB cable from the MK4 to a USB socket on the computer, if you haven't done so already.

Posted Wed 26 Jun 13 @ 6:18 am
I have a Hercules MK4 controlled, but the volume fade on the right side only marks up to 73%. In Virtual DJ, the marker of the volume is tremendous and the volume goes up to the maximum. What is happening?
I've reinstalled the driver from Hercules, already reinstalled VDJ and the problem continues.

Please! Someone help me!!

Posted Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 1:25 pm
You've posted this elsewhere already. Please do not post the same message more than once. It's against the forum rules.

Posted Wed 20 Nov 13 @ 1:15 pm
Help me!
Please!

Posted Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 3:26 pm

Posted Fri 22 Nov 13 @ 5:16 am
my hercules mk4 cant recognized in my laptop..and even the Hercules logo don't light up, I'm using lastest version driver (2015_HDJS_5 ). what should i do?

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 12:49 pm
my hercules mk4 cant recognized in my laptop..and even the Hercules logo don't light up, I'm using lastest version driver (2015_HDJS_5 ). what should i do?

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 12:49 pm
If your laptop has only USB 3.0 ports try to use a powered USB 2.0 hub between Hercules and the computer

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 1:53 pm
windows doesn't recognise it but i hear click on my headphones when i plug it in and hear windows new hardware found sound

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 2:22 pm
I have tried but the logo isn't lights up

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 2:47 pm
In that case you need to contact Hercules Technical Support. If Windows fails to recognize the unit then it's an issue they may have more knowledge on how to solve

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 6:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)