Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: big skin fonts causes crashguard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I tryed to change original skin's font size to 20 - result crashguard.

Even tryed to make browser smaller in all sizes and changed it position (i thought that it somehow overlaps to the nonexisting area of screen) - still same.

(if you are asking why such crazy font size - i tryed it on the 5'' LCD tv and it looked good for mobile setup) planning a special skin

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 5:52 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
All depend on your skin and font used but you're right, i have already seen that above 17 vdj crashes but as skin maker you correct that easily ;-)

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 12:21 am
hmm and what if I need >17 :-(

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 1:01 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
maybe some glasses? lol... just kidding lopez453.

-- I ran into the same problem. I agree that for some a larger font maybe necessary and the issue should be looked at by the DevTeam.

cstoll

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 6:17 pm
lol :-)

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 6:21 pm
SZ-BHome userMember since 2004
well i´m using a selfmade skin and i´m using a 22 and even a 28 font (tahoma , normal) . i´m not using this big font in the file browser though . only to display bpm,time,name,clock etc . but i didn´t have any problems with that font in my skin yet . maybe it´s only with the browser or you could try a different font type .

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 10:00 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
SZ-B -- I agree with your statement. I believe that there are limits for certain elements and those should be documented. Maybe someone will update the developer info.

cstoll

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 3:49 pm
Yesterday I bought a LCD 5 inch tv, i hoped it will be more readable, but the skin in 640x480
is quite usable but due to fact that pixels of computer are not well alignet to lcd pixels (tv output)
it will be better to have 1024x768 resolution and bigger fonts to have it look sharper.

Will try the limits and other fonts and will post the max results in my blog (and of course publish new TV skin :-) )

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 9:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)