Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES CONSOLE LICENSE

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Fucking great,
i bought 240 Euro for Hercules DJ consolle and i don't have yet a license for Virtual DJ. THis is really a miserable marketing tactic, couse you don't say this on the Consolle Box. Everything when you get the consolle box makes you think that you will have a full Software (with license).
So now basically i can't use AAC files??? Are you saying this ??? well i'd reather buy traktor than virtual DJ couse i'm so angry!

Good job atomix

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 3:17 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i bought 240 Euro for Hercules DJ consolle and i don't have yet a license for Virtual DJ.

??????????

why a licence for vdj when you buy the hdconsole...
nobody told you that you get a licence..can't read it somewhere...

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 5:47 am
The djconsole version and virtual dj pro are differnt products. We don't understand why you are angred by this. VDJ doesn't play itunes drm tracks anyhow. This would be like complainig to General moters that your caviler doesn't have the features of a cadillac

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:08 am
actually hercules has FULL version but 1.09 and locked to the hercules device.

it is not time limited
it has no limited features (except audio comming only from console - but that is expectable)

look for other applications bundled and you will se that it is only programme

if there are any known issues (100%cpu usage while having max load off....etc..) in this version maybe a new update like 1.10 could be nice :-) (no new features of course)

but simplier solution: maybe even a motivational discount (5 or 10%) to upgrade from hercules could be nice.

just my 2 golden little coins

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 3:21 pm
I don't want to rub salt in the wounds, but if you paid a visit to the site and read this ( http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html ) you could have known that the Hercules Version is not a full version....

But as a fellow HDJConsole user, I must say that the version included is a good version, the only problem is the non-availability of the effects and skins....

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 5:38 pm
The staff said : VDJ doesn't play itunes drm tracks anyhow.

But why at this page i can read "new features:
built-in handling of itunes files (.m4a, .mp4, .aac, ...)"?

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/history.html

Or i'm missing something...

Anyway i love Virtual DJ is fucking Pownage software, just i'm sad that i can't use my itunes files with it...
Now the question is... playing with aac is legal, if i play with a mp3 converted from original aac or m4p... is still legal?

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 2:24 am
Or i'm missing something...

Yes you are.... :)

The history reflects the changes for the full version of Virtual DJ, not the Console version of VDJ...

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 10:14 pm
No mate, the staff was talking about the full version of VDJ saying that VDJ can't play Itunes items anyhow. Not about the consolle version that obviously can't play them since it's stuck to 1.9 version.

Posted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 2:39 am
We said Itunes DRM tracks these would be tracks you downloaded & paid from the Itunes site. Now if you rip a cd with you bought with itunes, you could then play that track as its not DRM protected. This what we were talking about when we said mp4 mp4a and aac.

Posted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 5:48 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 12:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)