Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: IMPORTANT - HDJConsole Buttons problem Fixed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all, After months i have decided to open my console and put the hands on it for solve the problem of buttons, and i have found the little bug and i can explain u how to correct it, but first i want to tell u one important thing:
IF U OPEN THE CONSOLE U LOOSE THE WARRANTY, So i decline every responsability, use it at ur own risk.
The good news is that u neednt of solder nothing or change things. u need only 2 very little pieces of adhesive tape. That's all.
I don't put schemes or something cause i think it's illegal, but don't worry cause it's so easy to fix it.
The main problem of buttons cue and play is this:
Every button (CUE AND PLAY) are made by 2 switch. We call them Sw1 and Sw2
So we have:
CUE-SWITCH1,CUE-SWITCH2
PLAY-SWITCH1,PLAY-SWITCH2
Both buttons do the same job, but if u press in strange way u do 2 pulse in a time, so it happens that u do (play-stop) or (stop-play) action.
The solution is easy: U need to open the console and put a piece of adhesive tape in one switch (do this for cue - play buttons of both channel), so u will have enable only
CUE-SWITCH1
PLAY-SWITCH1
Or
CUE-SWITCH2
PLAY-SWITCH2
It will change only the sensible workin area. U will need to press in the lower area of buttons but it work soooooooo good (trust in me, today i will get drunked for that)
Good mixes

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 7:48 pm
Damn, i have still the same problem, but now i have decided to fix it in a hardware way. I will put some mini switch. I'll show u all steps for do it (with pictures). For now u can see wich kind of switch i'll put: http://www.sparkfun.com/shop/images/222.jpg

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 3:41 pm
voltron you can do whatever you want. It wil lget better but not perfect.
As problem is IN the console, it looses events.
You really press the button, but the chip somehow does not detect that change.

I posted here that on the original cd for hercules there is one readme that was supposed to be only for herc. team, and they accidentally put it on the final cd.

The coders of ots scratch were complainig that they are using the direct acces method (so bypassign drivers) but hercules looses events. The console they had borrowed before was not having this bug.
They asked for it to be repaired whether it is firmware of design related as they think it is not usable therefor for pro environment.

Posted Tue 16 Aug 05 @ 4:32 pm
If so i'll put the console in the garbage. I don't wanna sell it. I prefer that people don't buy it if it's only a bad toy.

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 3:22 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Hercules DjConsole is not a bad toy! If there is nothing good on it about buttons, there is perfect soundcard which i use in our club everytime!
And jogs are perfect too.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 11:58 am
It's truth I'm trying to sell it, first thing I told my friend was about hte buttons, but he was excited of it's sound because it sounded to him better than his soudblaster live.
He plays larger gigs of his own techno music about 500-2000 people so it's noticable when you pump up the volume :-) and the rest of the console is working okay. Faders, EQ,s

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 1:13 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ Xeon, Do you use ur jogs for nudging or scratching? just out interest, cos i use mine for both, genre depending. I found taht the jogs work fine for nudging, but are too innaccurate to scratch on

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 6:59 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That is true Nebula, good jog, poor scratch (too inaccurate).

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 7:01 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I use jog-wheels to backspin only. I have 2 xp10 for nudge and scratch.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 17 Aug 05 @ 8:53 pm
I modify the console using buffer and pieces of another old keyboard, so i can configure it "Totally". No latency, no other "event problem". All things will be done like shortcut of keyboard.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 3:44 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If the problem is indeed something so minor, we should see this completely fixed on the HDJC MK2 :).

If they haven't they invite trouble.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 4:26 pm
You're right voltron that's the same what I'am supposed to do with my cd-player controls.
You plan to stick that buttons to keyborad dconbtroller and it will apear as another keyboard just mounted on the HDJC buttons.

Good luck. I think it's possible.

Posted Thu 18 Aug 05 @ 5:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)