Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: EQ Slider for VDJ6

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, I've been using the trial version of VirtualDJ and loving it, especially the default skin, which I vastly prefer to the other skins bundled in the demo.

However, is it possible to customise it to make the bass EQ a slider rather than two knobs as I like to fade one out while I'm fading the other in, or do a quick scoot across. At the moment I have to move my mouse from one to the other and I'm not getting a smooth transition.

Posted Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 10:00 am
VDJ supports EQ Crossfaders natively. There are some skins that use them and do exactly what you want. However these skins are not included on the trial version and only registered users can download and use skins.

Posted Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 10:41 am
Many thanks for your reply, but could you be a little more specific? The last thing I want to do is fork out for the software and find it doesn't do what I want -- and what I want is something with most of the components of the VDJ6 skin but with EQ crossfaders instead of knobs. Is such a thing possible?

Posted Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 10:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
VDj supports both EQ (low-mid-high) for each channel individually, and of course the EQ-Crossfaders (low-mid-high) for left&right channel.

There are 2 ways having the EQ-crossfaders. As round faders like this...

or as horizontal slider like this ..

So depending on your hardware (midi controller) you may have any kind of them, including of course EQ/channel.

All the above are available in many skins which you will be able to download as a Licenced User.

Posted Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 2:09 pm
Thanks, DJdad, and I very much appreciate you trying to help, but what I'm hoping is that you or someone will be able to tell me whether there is a skin which is very much like the default VDJ6 skin, but has EQ sliders instead of knobs.

Posted Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 2:41 pm
Right now there's no skin I know off that's similar with the default skin and has EQ crossfaders. However if this is so critical to you I can alter the original skin for you and include EQ crossfaders! :)

Posted Thu 07 Oct 10 @ 5:10 pm
Wow, that's incredibly kind of you, thank you! It's not putting you to a huge amount of effort, is it? I genuinely wouldn't want you to go great lengths on my behalf, and it's possible my issue would be solved by buying a mixer so I could then operate the two EQ knobs with both hands... The problem I have at the moment is having to move my mouse from one knob to the other.

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 3:24 am
It's not a big deal. Since this is the only mod you want it can be done in half hour or so...

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 5:15 am
hola

Posted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 1:42 pm
I too would like to see more skins with this feature, currently I use Mix Lab v3.1 which does have this feature. I believe that the American Audio VMS skin has something similar exept that the cross fader itself is in a knob as apposed to a slider. Where are all the developers when we need more crossfader sliders?
just my $0.02 worth :)

Posted Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 10:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The original post, was talking about Eq in sliders instead of round knobs which curently are not implemented in any skin.

But, EQ-crossfaders you can find them in quite a few skins available. I can point out some of mine (Rusty, Rusty4D, TCmania 4D True, TCmania 3Decks, VirtualTouch even iTCmania for iPhone ..lol) but i'm sure there are also some others as well.

Posted Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 12:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)