Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Still having trouble with VIDEO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Okay...

So, here are the most import issues I still have:

1) Various video files won't play and it is intermittent. I was unable to locate an "IDEAL" setting for Divx playback.

2) Reducing FULL SCREEN mode. Until Virtual DJ can play ZIP CDG files, it's almost pointless for me. I'm converting all my files from Mp3 and CDG to a ZIP file. I know it doesn't play Zips yet, but I can't imagine there would be an available video PLUG IN out there that WOULD... can we say WINAMP? As I use a secondary karaoke program (MTU's Hoster) I need to be able to play those files until they provide me with a converter to convert them back to ZIPs or Bins. There's a great program out there called MP3+G Toolz (version 4) that allows you to convert files VERY easily PLUS rename them.

3) Conflicts all over the place with my other VIDEO programs AND video is still lagging behind on some files.

4) Dance music loads fine, but would like a more exact explanation of IDEAL settings for various tweaks that can be made to WINDOWS for optimization. I added 1GB of memory and am TEMPORARILY using my ATI 9800 XT with little problems. I'm tempted to going back to my SHUTTLES on board graphics and just allocate 128 K to it. Some video's played fine with NO glitches, others, well...

I know there are a FEW things more, but will have to consult my other posts.

Any idea on a ZIP karaoke support OR a plugin in development? I can't imagine it would be too hard to develope a VIDEO plug in and assign it.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 12:30 am
Regarding the issue of some videos playing fine while others have glitches and yet others have audio/video sync problems here are a few things I have found.

The encoding of the video file to MPEG-1 file is critical. There are many many encoders out there and some just don't do a good job. Although vDJ appears to use the same DirectShow engine that Windows Media Player (WMP) uses, there are some other variables that affect the final results.

A simple test that you can do is to load your system down with many processes then play the video in WMP. It will probably get jerky at some point, proving that system load will ultimately affect the smoothness of video playback.

I think one of the challenges for vDJ is to figure out how to "thread" more lightly while playing video. See my other post titled "Video Performace Observation".

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 1:50 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Drop the bundled windows os and get a OEM version, just straight windows xp pro is my favorite.
I run 24 processes WITH vdj running including the task manager.
This way YOU control what is on your system not someone else.
Just try to get AOL out of your system, I dare ya, friggin virus that it is.

My Vaio system comes complete with all the bloatware shit and with VDJ running and i'm at 46.

22 EXTRA PROCESSES running even at idle is eating resources, and for what?
Sure I could go in and remove them, but shared folders and lack of desire let it lay, its not my primary system.
If I cared enough it would get the same treatment as my rack.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 6:17 am
Well, I custom build my machines and I slipstreamed my XP2 into my OS... so I install CLEAN every time :)

As far as the encoding... most of the videos I encoded myself and my GOAL is for LONG TERM storage and usage... can anyone HONESTLY say they DO NOT see degredation on some bars BACKGROUND VHS tapes from 10 years ago? No, of course they can't because there is. Here I want to convert and save to a format that will look good in ten years and have the flexibilty to be adjusted. I doubt that bars and clubs (except high end) are going to jump on the HiDef bandwagon when it goes complete!

So, I need to have the flexibility to revisit files later on. Would any of you revisit an OLD VHS tape and try and pass it off? Or just find a NEWER better file?

As far as JERKINESS... well... patients I gues... But can anyone tell me how I can have Virtual DJ, the Core Media Player and HOSTER (a karaoke Player) all share the secondary monitor with the program that's in the FOREGROUND on my PRIMARY ALSO layered on the the TOP of the secondary? Seems there would be a software way of doing this too... like one of the MULITPLE display features offered in the software of ATI or NVidia...

And I iterate: Any possible PLUG INS for support for ZIP karaoke files? I'm making the big shift of my files now and the space saved is great PLUS helps me to RENAME those files.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:29 pm
We can't comment on things to come, however I'll tell you that the Dev team will not rest until video is perfected.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:58 pm
.....and thats why vDJ Dev team is #1 Dev team for Digital DJs !

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 5:16 am
hey the support staff isn't bad either! :)

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 7:53 am
and further more support stuff has big red eyes ;-)

when you sleep guys ? tick tock ---- you fell fine --- your eyes are cloooooooooosiiing .... zzzzzzzzz

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 3:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)