Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Using Scroll Text on 64 bit Win 7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Is it possible? Anybody have it working?

I was looking at the release notes to install this, and the "C++ 2008 runtimes" only seem to be for 32 bit systems. Also the "Direct X 9.0c runtimes" not sure, but I think win 7 has a higher version than 9. Is that safe to install?

Posted Mon 04 Oct 10 @ 5:22 pm
There are two, one by DJ Cel and one by SBDJ, I am using the SBDJ version on x64 Win7 Pro with no issues. The scrolling can be a little un-smooth, but I think thats more Win7 throttling than anything else.

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 9:48 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Actually there are three and if you combine them you get a good effect out on screen. If your not sure on the third Halo go to the Firetext plugin and check it out, it has both horizontal and vertical text options.

@DHoude, I run win7 64 on my desk top for testing and I can't remember any plugin causing problems.

Posted Fri 08 Oct 10 @ 10:04 am
Ahh yes, missed that one, I use it only for the camera part as I put the laptop camera up on the screens, resized down into the corner.

Wish I could buy just the camera bit. =)

I use SBDJ's scrolltext as it has the black edging on the text (so white text does not vanish over a white video) and I prefer the slide out background. Scott also added a delay so the messages dont annoy people by running continuously, I use a 45 second delay between each AD.

Posted Sun 10 Oct 10 @ 9:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)