Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: SweetScratchx4.................. - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

OK for those that have downloaded nows the time for "likes and dislikes" about the skin...................I wanna start on v.2 but would like to hear some input from people who have used it.

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Mon 01 Nov 10 @ 11:58 pm
Hi Huey,

thanks for this realy great skin. Here a few suggestions & questions from me:
- I would like to see to buttons over/under pitch-rest with deck nr pitch +/- 0,05% (like Mix-Lab 3)
- why the sliders not in 2D? like a line for example?
- Is ther a way to change the loop/sampler-panel for deck 1&2 (didn't found it)? I would toggle the panels through one click, I mean 1 button for each deck
- I would prefer rightcklick to rename cue, double-right to del.
If you change the waveform to buttom-down, you're unable to see the cue-point.
BTW: Masterdeck is missing (or I didn't found it).
Thanks for all the hard work, I would be glad if I could make a skin like you.
Sorry for my bad English.

Best regards ;o)
Music234

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 2:03 am
music234 wrote :
- why the sliders not in 2D? like a line for example?
Music234

I dont know what this means. Can you give me a better example of what you mean?
And your english is fine bro!!

Huey

Posted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 9:19 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Can you give me a better example of what you mean?
And your english is fine bro!!

Nice to hear that ;o)
Try to visualize my thought:

...but he, it's only a suggestion.

Greets

Posted Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 1:39 am
ralphPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Your idea's not bad music234... But for me, only if it doesn't use more RAM... I like efficacity and stability more than gadgets

Posted Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 2:33 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Those 2 pitch sliders are both 2D. and certainely has noting to do with RAM. Its only graphics mates. We dont build 3d graphics. Simply some 2d graphics look like 3d but they are fake. So its just a matter of taste. You still are able to edit the bmp according to your styles.

Posted Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 9:04 am
djdad wrote :
Simply some 2d graphics look like 3d but they are fake. So its just a matter of taste.

You're right. Imo the style of the skin is 2D. That`s what I mean.
;o)

Posted Wed 03 Nov 10 @ 9:22 am
Ok version 2 is almost complete. Any other input from y'all?

Huey

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 10:17 am
ralphPRO InfinityMember since 2003
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Ok version 2 is almost complete.

Cool... Really Cool !

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 12:30 pm
Nice to hear this ;o)

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 1:03 pm
Sweet Scratch x4 v.2
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12095/Sweet_Scratch_x4.html
Now Ready

New Features:

A "Master Deck" button on each deck

For the "Cue" buttons, "Left Click" sets the cue point, "Double Click" deletes the cue point, "Right Click" to rename the cue point (Might make the name visible on the buttons, let me know)

3 different "Rhythm Waves"

Rhythm Wave can be "Turned OFF"

All 4 decks now have a Sampler Record station (The button for decks 1 and 3 is next to the "Mixer" button, for decks 2 and 4 its next to the "Settings" button, "Left Click" Loop station/ "Right Click" Sampler station)

Added "SBDJ Battery Status Plugin", This will tell you your battery % and will flash when your Laptop becomes unplugged (Big UPS to SCOTT for this 1!! YOU MUST DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THE PLUGIN FOR IT TO WORK!! YOU CAN GET IT FROM "WWW.VIRTUALDJ.COM")

Deck "3" and "4" support "LINEIN" and "MIC" meaning to turn your MIC VOLUME down you use either Deck 3 or 4 which ever you have turned on and yes when using the MIC's you can apply that decks effects to your voice (This is too Fresh!! My kids wont leave me alone once I showed them that!! lol!)

A "TalkOver" button, "Right Click" to use it as a TalkOver Switch, "Left Click" keeps the Mic on, (This is only on DECK 4's MIC!!)

Added a "Save Deck Set" and "Load Deck Set" buttons (I love this feature)

I wanna THANK everybody that has downloaded the skin so far!! A Huge thanks to DJ FANDOS for giving me the foundation to create this skin. Big ups to Listen2, SSLover for creating some of the first scratch skins!! Big ups to DJTouchDan, DJDad for all the help!!

Enjoy

And as always if theres something you dont like or think the skin should have let me know and I'll see what I can do..........

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 7:02 pm
Ok found a little bug. Im gonna have to change the delete cue, well how it deletes cue points anyways. What happens is if you hit you cue point really fast it'll delete then add it then delete it. So I would say don't hit the cue buttons fast. Ill upload the fix tonight. The fix will be you'll have to hold the button down for a set number of milla seconds, lol!

Sorry for any problems this has caused you
Huey

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 8:16 am
OK new version with the fix is uploaded and ready to go.

To set a cue point "Left Click", to name a cue point "Right Click", to delete a cue point "HOLD the Right Click" down.

Again sorry for any problems this has caused
Huey

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 3:37 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nice skin. I am trying to modify the skin to add the beatgrid. Can someone guide me on how to do that on that skin?

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 9:59 pm
It already has the beat grid, its right below the waveform. If you dont see it click on the button in the top right corner that says "WAVE" until you see the grid. 1 of the waves doesnt show it.

Hope that helps
Huey

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 12:41 am
beatbreaker1, thank you. I will try that!

Wait, the wave option you are talking about does not show on the skin that I have at all.

OK. I was still using an older skin now I know. Thank you.

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 8:48 am
Yeah I just updated the skin, added a few more things.

Hope you like
Huey

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 9:21 am
beatbreaker1, thank you for the skin. The only thing I would prefer from the skin because I don' t use midi mixer is the channel fade buttons to be sliders instead of rotators.

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 9:40 am
Hi Huey,
pretty cool skin ;o)
Thanks a lot for this masterpiece.

Greets
Music234

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 3:22 pm
Hi Beatbreaker1
Very done job and skin.....

I will post some wishes for the version "sweet scratch x4 v3. "
Could you please implentate the four informations, as the newiest skin from DJ Fandos in the jogwhleels:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/134696/Virtual_DJ_Skins/my_scratch_skin.html?search=dj%20fandos&page=1

- What about the four colours from the following skin. I think they are very good. ( 1st Deck: Blue, 2nd: Red, 3rd: Green, 4th: Yellow)

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12114/VirtualDJ_7_%284_Decks%29.html

Many thanks for your job....

chris

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 5:56 am
54%