Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Lock on wave form.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, I guess I am asking the same old question:

When mixing and you push sync on both decks (NOT beat lock) why can't the songs stay locked on the wave form like it locks on the beat grid?

If I remember, AtomixMP3 used to do this.

There are times when the CBG is not a good way to anchor the beats.

And yes, I know I can keep pushing sync or the like...why can't it just lock onto the waveform and stay? Is there a technical issue?

I just feel the more flexibility we have, the better the software.

I would like to see beatmatch to lock onto the CBG and a Sync to sync the beats and a "SYNC Lock" to lock onto the wave form only and ignore the CBG.

My 2 cents,
Ronny82

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 10:10 pm
Align your cbgs properly then beatlock and play when your ready....its all good
Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 1:24 pm
Dude, I UNDERSTAND that. But many songs which were recorded in analog, DRIFT.

So the beat grid is useless! No matter HOW MUCH YOU TRY, they drift. That is why I stated in my post that I know you can do a CBG lock and match as this is great for digitally recorded music, but still would find it beneficial to do a waveform lock and match for usually older music that was analog or the use of a drum machine wasn't used!!!

No one seems to answer this question, yet others have voiced the same concern.

Any good response would be appreciated.

Ronny582

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 3:00 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Set up your intro cuepoint with the cbg anchors in place.
Mix out by ear and true up the sync as you fade into the new track.
90% of my tracks do this mid way to the outro also, it's no big deal.

When you sync, you should only sync your idle deck to match the active deck, not both.

If your bpm is off and you engauge beatlock, you will hear a train wreck.

My advice is to check all bpms with a 16 beat loop for proper alignment.
If it is correct but off with the cbg anchors alignment, open BPM and set your 1st anchor (set beat) with your cue point.
Start the track and count out 16 beats and pause it, align the waveform perfectly by hand and click the second "set beat". Make sure the beat count shown below shows 16 and this will do two things, it will correct your bpm PERFECTLY and will align your anchors properly.

Once you have done this to a couple of tracks you want to mix, load 'em up and try it.

You will get it with practice, but stay cool it's easy once you learn it.

BTW, If you set up the keyboard shortcut for cbg adjustment like DJ Norway has in his blog, it cuts the track set up time down considerably when the bpms are right to start with.

Finally, once you do this, back up your XML Virtual DJ database somewhere, you don't want to have to do them all over again ever.....
C:\programsfiles\virtualdj\virtualdjdatabase

R

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 4:40 pm
I appreciate all of the possible "work arounds," but I guess my question remains the same...Why can't we have a wave form lock also?

Yes, those tips and tricks do work, but a "one button" solution would be better!

Ronny582

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 8:42 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I understand your question and, although I'm sure the results would not always be good, I agree that a "synch-lock" feature (that would implement a repetitive synch action, like every second or so) could be interesting for some, especially for non-electronic music...

Posted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 10:44 pm
I am not sure what method would be used to accomplish the wave form lock, but as you can see it would have great merit for the analog music.

Ronny582.

PS

REGARDLESS,
This program is totally amazing. Trust me as a long time DJ, I have tried many hardware and software solutions. This BY FAR is the best. I just think a waveform lock could make it even better.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 1:32 am
ok guys i am no professional by any means but I have spent a thousand dollars on a new laptop thinking it would cure my problem but still the problem remains while playing tracks or not I get this buzz buzz buzz buzz then it stops then it comes back then goes away I have changed mixers I have changed amps and connections if while the noise is happenning and I drag and drop a song to the turntable it will stop the noise but then it will start again and I drag and drop another it stops momenterily the noise will also happen even if nothing is playing or qued up I have purchased a Hi Fi link to try that using my usb audio out so either way headphone out or usb audio out still have same problem it almost seems like the noise is almost timed it lasts the same amount of time and happens in about the same intervals I have even changed my background to support more I have changed my boot options to just run the VDj program with no networking I have purchased power line conditioners nothing has helped and besides it gets embarrasing when your playing so does anyone have any helpful suggestions.

Thanks

DJ Dago

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 4:51 am
Ummm, what does this have to do with the post?

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 3:08 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
You might have a ground loop problem.
Use balanced speaker cables and or 3 to 2 gound adaptors on your gear/system.

Funny shit, my other post on the program Poll had a dribbler posting about how to burn his mix and so on.
Must be my day.....

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 3:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)